Will Smith hits Chris Rock on Oscars stage

fez

fez

Caporegime
Are all those who made up this conspiracy that it was staged, now able to accept that's not the case?

Nah, its just the slow roll. The academy are going to take his award away next to really sell the "joke". Its going to be so so funny.

The only thing you can accuse the academy of is trying to eke this out over a few weeks to try and get as much marketing from this as possible. My bet is that they come out in a week or so and say that they have spoken to Smith and in light of his apology and resignation and his willingness to learn and grow they have decided not to take his award away. Probably interspersed with a bit of wafty woke BS about understanding and healing etc etc. Job done.

Soldato
That woman of his better be the most humble person on earth to him right now. He has just given up his entire past to have a future with her. She better realise and appreciate that as much as he just appreciated her with that slap.

Soldato
That woman of his better be the most humble person on earth to him right now. He has just given up his entire past to have a future with her. She better realise and appreciate that as much as he just appreciated her with that slap.

He needs to leave her and find someone else. Then again, we don't know what he's like behind closed doors.

Soldato
Don't they both sleep around anyway. Great relationship there...

Soldato
Nah, its just the slow roll. The academy are going to take his award away next to really sell the "joke". Its going to be so so funny.

The only thing you can accuse the academy of is trying to eke this out over a few weeks to try and get as much marketing from this as possible. My bet is that they come out in a week or so and say that they have spoken to Smith and in light of his apology and resignation and his willingness to learn and grow they have decided not to take his award away. Probably interspersed with a bit of wafty woke BS about understanding and healing etc etc. Job done.
And then watch him become the host of next year’s awards and Chris Rock being nominated for a documentary or some short film etc and Chris rock winning it and will smith handing out the Oscar to him.

Best publicity idea if i ever thought of one better.

The above would quadruple the 2023 awards viewing figures

Soldato
He needs to leave her and find someone else. Then again, we don't know what he's like behind closed doors.
Maybe they are having a real go at it and are stronger than ever together and Chris Rocks comment just made him rage over it.

It's a very human reaction if someone has hurt your nearest and loved ones.

Man of Honour
Soldato
It's a very human reaction if someone has hurt your nearest and loved ones.

I'm not sure its a common human reaction to laugh out loud at a joke, then 5 seconds later calmly walk up the comedian, and then slap him, and then calmly walk back to your seat. Personally I don't think Smith himself knew what he was going to do until 2 seconds after he did it, which is why it looks so odd in retrospect.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't forget the shouting and swearing after sitting back down. I recall many years ago Smith was quoted saying he would never swear in his songs and other stuff because it was not his style or some such.

That went out the window fast.

Soldato
Don't forget the shouting and swearing after sitting back down.

That was in response to additional stress i.e after being slapped Rock saying it was just a joke so seperate-ish from the initial anger/slap (for me at least) and, again, it went from laughing, to calm, to violence, to calm, to shouting, to calm again all within 20 seconds which I've not seen before in my experiences, although I'm sure others probably have.

I've been in situations at work where there is a slow but constant increase in pressure over days, weeks, months until someone "snaps" and then seconds later they realise they've done something stupid and they're apologising profusely to the person they just yelled at (calm/anger/calm) and I've seen the other way where we've had "nothing" to sudden physical violence in seconds between workmates which doesn't resolve amicably (calm/anger/stays angry) but I've not personally seen that kind of "yo-yo" of calm/anger/calm/anger/calm etc that Smith showed before.

was in response to additional stress i.e after being slapped Rock saying it was just a joke so seperate-ish from the initial anger/slap (for me at least) and, aga
You've remembered it wrong. He said it before rock said anything else. Then rock said, in reply to smiths comment, that it was a joke, and then Smith says it again.

Soldato
Don't forget the shouting and swearing after sitting back down. I recall many years ago Smith was quoted saying he would never swear in his songs and other stuff because it was not his style or some such.

That went out the window fast.

Even without the physical violence, if Will Smith had just sat there shouting his mouth off, that would have told me everything I needed to know about him. A total lack of class and self awareness.

Soldato
You've remembered it wrong. He said it before rock said anything else. Then rock said, in reply to smiths comment, that it was a joke, and then Smith says it again.

Yeap you're right. I had to watch it again as in the first vid I'd seen I'd missed the first time he said it over the audience laughing at Rocks "Smith just smacked me" quip and only heard the second louder time after Rock had said it's a joke but watching the Guardian video (much better quality) that first shout is very clear and distinct.

Soldato
I'm not sure its a common human reaction to laugh out loud at a joke, then 5 seconds later calmly walk up the comedian
rock then embellished what he had said , so proud of (up)himself - I think Will had the right to revise the polite laughter he might have been employing ,
Rock did have the option to be a little more self-aware and sensitive before it went nuclear,
Rock has obviously not got got a very flight or fight street aware survival instinct if he didn't realise why Will approached him on the stage - for a hug ?
maybe the organising commitee will realise for future years that a crap comedian, irrespective of Will incident, doesn't do the awards any service.

rock then embellished what he had said , so proud of (up)himself - I think Will had the right to revise the polite laughter he might have been employing ,
Rock did have the option to be a little more self-aware and sensitive before it went nuclear,
Rock has obviously not got got a very flight or fight street aware survival instinct if he didn't realise why Will approached him on the stage - for a hug ?
maybe the organising commitee will realise for future years that a crap comedian, irrespective of Will incident, doesn't do the awards any service.

Smart, well thought out, interesting, insightful views. Congratulations. Your post had none of them.

Soldato
Utter toss rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom