Will the Scythe Mugen 5 fit into the Corsair Carbide 100R Silent edition case?

Associate
Good day everyone. Have just joined and need to confirm if a case and cooler combo will fit.

I've just recieved the Scythe Mugen 5 in order to replace the Corsair H50 in my mid-tower Antec case. That should fit ok and serve me until I order the other components for the upgrade in a few weeks time.

My choice of future case is the mid-tower Corsair Carbide 100R Silent edition. The official spec states that the maximum CPU cooler height is 150mm; the Scythe is 154.5mm. I'm thinking that the design of the case side panel, bulging outwards by a few millimetres, may be able to accomodate this cooler. Also, in an online build, a reviewer used an Thermalright Silver Arrow in a 100R and that cooler is specced at 163mm in height.

Based on this, it seems that my Scythe Mugen should fit in the Carbide 100R case..

I'm going to ask for confirmation of this issue here by anyone who uses a Corsair Carbide 100R or kindly point me to an appropriate link.

Cheers - Nick (UK)

** Update: Will be choosing the 200R so you need not reply to this post if you don't wish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom