Will there be a Steam Xmas sale?

Soldato
The publishers seem more greedy these days. Plus most of us already have purchased the best deals.

I think it's more the latter and the fact there are few games of the same calibre as Skyrim, Half-life etc on Steam.

My best buy if 2016 was Rimworld and it wasn't even originally on Steam at all!

Soldato
Origins sale is better this year, BF1 and Titanfall 2 for £24.99 each, though I'm tempted to get Stardew Valley and possibly Doom

I'm tempted with BF1 as well, also wondering about SW battlefront for £8.33, though with both am I going to be needing some DLC now/soon for playing online?

Definitely get Doom though!

Soldato
I think it's more the latter and the fact there are few games of the same calibre as Skyrim, Half-life etc on Steam.

My best buy if 2016 was Rimworld and it wasn't even originally on Steam at all!

Yep I think its the latter as well, I know people say it every time but I genuinely don't think steam sales are any worse than when they launched, maybe with a few exception due to some titles starting at a higher price these days. I think its two things.

Firstly, most of us already own a lot of the bargains from a previous sale. Secondly, there are now absolutely loads of key sites offering bargains and sales all the time, this wasn't really the case when steam sales first started.

Caporegime
Argh, I seem to be compelled to buy a crap load of cheap indie games every sale.

Mostly Metroidvanias, which before I played Cave Story I didn't even know I liked...!

Back
Top Bottom