Will there be a Steam Xmas sale?

Soldato
I don't think sales are less generous due to greed, I think it's more the fact that companies are realising that so many people on PC will 'wait until it's on sale' for prices like £3 and it's hurting profit.

PSN has a sale on at the minute with similar price reductions as Steam has now, which is about fair I think.

Caporegime
I don't think sales are less generous due to greed, I think it's more the fact that companies are realising that so many people on PC will 'wait until it's on sale' for prices like £3 and it's hurting profit.

PSN has a sale on at the minute with similar price reductions as Steam has now, which is about fair I think.

But the marketplace is swamped with many thousands of games.

It's understandable that people will wait for sales... Many more games are bought than we will ever have time to play!!

One the one hand I've bought a lot of games for £3 that were worth a lot more, this is no doubt true. But I haven't forced them to lower the price that much.

And I've bought a shedload more games than I otherwise would, perhaps even spending more than I otherwise would.

Only now my money is shared around between a lot more companies, rather than less people getting £10+ each sale.

Is that better, worse, or simply giving more people a chance they otherwise wouldn't have to make a living making games?

Permabanned

Yes because they been so greedy!

Soldato
Umm yeah, its almost like most of them are running a business with investors who want/need a return on their money. Oh for the good old days when everyone did it for the love...

Caporegime
I just picked up another couple games on Steam for <£1 each, and had to work hard not to feel guilty about it :p That's about 4 sheets of bog roll.

Soldato
Bought project cars £17 and doom £13

I know literally nothing about project cars but I've heard it's quite good??

Project card is great. Don't have the time/patience to go through a sp season on any car game but love a quick race weekend.

Soldato
Dying light + dlc for £16 is a steal. I paid £20 from cdkeys a few months back and felt I got more than my moneys worth. Great game solo and even better if you have a mate or 3 to play it with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom