Will there be a Steam Xmas sale?

Soldato
Looking to spend a little Xmas money on some new games. I know the in-laws have got me an Amazon voucher also which will be ok for some of the more popular games but I'm also hoping to also pick up Black Mesa and SOMA which I can't find on Amazon. They're both a bit steep price wise on Steam just now so I'll hold off if there is likely to be a sale in the coming week?

Also, I rarely spend more than £10 on a game with the exception being around Xmas. I have already pre-ordered RE7 and looked at the new South Park game and ME Andromeda but both of those are around £35 best pre-order price which is too much for me - I'll likely wait 6 months. The 2 recent and popular games I haven't played yet are Witcher 3 and GTA 5 which I could likely get now for £25 or less. But which one should I choose? I played and enjoyed the Witcher 2 although I did give up on it about half way through once I got lost in a city and knew that I had experienced all the female conquests available to me. I hated the combat and HUD in the game though and ended up dropping the difficulty down to easy. For GTA 5, I have never owned or played a GTA game seriously, aside from the odd standoff on a friends console. Based on me past experience, which one do you think I'd enjoy more?

Soldato
I've wondered this as well. I've seen that the sale is 'apparently' going to start on the 22nd December.

Not seen anything official from Steam yet....fingers crossed!!

Associate
Yes but look out for better deals on boxing day from sites like cdkeys and amazon ! Also note steam always list all the sales again after xmas together for one last day so dont pulse buy !

Yes. it's so nice that they do it this was now rather than the old style of steam sales. It means you will never lose out on a good deal.

Soldato
We all know Gabe's sensitivity to planetary oscillations and this year Jupiter is conjoining with Saturn, which puts Mars (gaming's 'native' planet) in an transition over the Moon. It's obviously a horrid time for sales, which means Valve will postpone them for at least one month.

Associate
So which ones are the authorised re-sellers? I know G2A is a bad egg (plenty of stories of Devolver digital, ubisoft and others cancelling stolen keys sold through G2A), but what about cdkeys? Is it an authorised site like GMG or humble?

Soldato
OP
Yeah guys I use CD Keys quite a lot and have never had any problems. I also always check CD keys and Amazon for a better deal even if they are on sale on Steam. The main point I was making in my original post though, is that Steam have by far the biggest selection of games and often you can't get what you are looking for from other sites and Amazon. The 2 games in particular I want are SOMA and Black Mesa which I can't find elsewhere so I'm hoping these will be included in Steam's sale...

Associate
I've wondered this as well. I've seen that the sale is 'apparently' going to start on the 22nd December.

Not seen anything official from Steam yet....fingers crossed!!

This is what i've heard, there was some email that was leaked that Vavle had pre warned paypal of the upcoming sale.

Although i was very disappointed with the last sale, hopefully this one will better!

Last edited:
Soldato
Black Mesa which I can't find elsewhere so I'm hoping these will be included in Steam's sale...

It was in the last Xmas sale I picked it up for a fiver or so, can't see why it wouldn't be in this one too (still no Xen though, how long has this remake been on going on for? This "updated" version is looking very outdated itself now)

Back
Top Bottom