Will there be a Steam Xmas sale?

Associate
what are people's thoughts on steam controllers? looking to pick up an extra wireless controller to replace one of my wired ones.. steam controller is currently cheaper than xbox one. I'd only play things like the lego games with it.

I can't get away with mine. Much prefer the xbox ones. But that's just me, I know many people who do like them.

Caporegime
I'm thinking Steam pricing is moving in line with Xbox/PSN store pricing looking at some of the sale discounts. The bigger titles are more expensive than you'd expect.

Soldato
Another 10% off Witcher 3 if you already bought 1 and 2.

I have 1,2 and 3 I'm only lacking the DLC's but they're only 25% off so £9.48 for them. They're bound to come down in subsequent sales so I'll pass...

Black Mesa I actually completed this year. Pretty sure it's the only game I completed as well. Really enjoyed it.

You completed Xen? Really?!

what are people's thoughts on steam controllers? looking to pick up an extra wireless controller to replace one of my wired ones.. steam controller is currently cheaper than xbox one. I'd only play things like the lego games with it.

Still too expensive imo, I use a PS3 controller for about the same money.

Last edited:
Associate
Origin:

Battlefield 1: £24.99
Mass Effect 3 Deluxe Edition: £7.49

Steam:

Trinelogy: £5.68
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit: £3.74
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: £5.09
South Park: The Stick of Truth: £5.99
Far Cry 4: £12.49
Doom: £13.19
Dying Light The Following - Enhanced Edition: £15.99

Should last me until summer. I always end up buying too much and not playing games before the next sale. :)

Soldato
Got a feeling that my mother is going flush me with steam cards in a couple of days, as she knows it's the only thing I ever buy these days/

Holding fire for now.. Motorsport Manager, Thumper, New retro Arcade are buy's on discount what ever the fighting fund.

Kingspray, probably Serious Sam VR, Redout, and the dammed Golfclub (no sale again!!)

All in all.. not a bad sale.

Soldato
Insurgency definitely worth a buy at this price, got it last year and had a good laugh on it.

Gonna purchase new Doom for my cousin and then thinking treating myself to Grim Dawn and Masters of Orion, should keep me plenty busy for christmas :D

Soldato
I have 1,2 and 3 I'm only lacking the DLC's but they're only 25% off so £9.48 for them. They're bound to come down in subsequent sales so I'll pass...

I'm sure they'll gradually come down further the longer you wait, but honestly that's an absolute bargain for what you are getting.

Associate
The new sales haven't even begun for today and you can't access the store. I don't know the cost nor the logistics behind it, but surely a multi-billion pound company like Valve could deploy extra capacity during this time of year? :confused:

Unless of course, it could be DDoS attack like last year?

Soldato
The new sales haven't even begun for today and you can't access the store. I don't know the cost nor the logistics behind it, but surely a multi-billion pound company like Valve could deploy extra capacity during this time of year? :confused:

Unless of course, it could be DDoS attack like last year?

There are no new sales. It's the same all the way through and has been since refunds were introduced.

Back
Top Bottom