Will there be a Steam Xmas sale?

Associate
Steam sale has lost the same excited feeling for me but it might be because I've bought most half decent games I have 380 ish now on steam and struggle to find anything in the sale I want.

Soldato
Bought and finished fire watch, story seemed really good but let down by a nothing ending imo

Tempted by darksiders franchise as I haven't played the 2nd one

Associate
Got;
Wasteland 2 directors cut
Pillars Of Eternity expansion (white march 1+2)
Divinity Original Sin ee

All from the gog sale and not steam.

Re-installed nwn1 + 2 as well.

All these games will keep me well busy now..

Permabanned
I've had £25 in my Steam account for the past 3 weeks as I got a refund on Deus-Ex coz it ran like ****.

Even during this current sale season I can't find anything to spend it on. Maybe I'll pick up Dishonored 2 if it's fixed (which reminds me, I'll need to have a read through that thread).

No deep discounting across the board.

Seems like trying to reverse the trend.

Unfortunately, the Steam sale has lost its lustre. The offers don't appear to be particularly good this year, nor were they last year. It just seems to be on for the sake of being on.
I was going to ask if it's just me who's disappointed in the lack of good deals in this seasons sale. But it seems not.

Soldato
Unfortunately, the Steam sale has lost its lustre. The offers don't appear to be particularly good this year, nor were they last year. It just seems to be on for the sake of being on.

That said, I am looking for a new RTS and maybe an RPG game to play. I have been looking at Company of Heroes 2. I loved the first game, but after Dawn of War 2 was released and had no base building whatsoever, I am worried about what they did with CoH 2 in that regard. Is it still a similar formula to the original? Unfortunately I don't really have a lot of time to sit down and look into it (I'm a busy Dad!), hence I thought it a wise option to post up here and ask those that have played it.

I am not expecting it to be like C&C base building, I just want something where you establish a home base, put up defenses, and then head out to attack the enemy. Is that how it plays out in CoH 2?

As for the RPG, I have also been looking at Pillars of Eternity. I understand it's only single-player, but it seems to get really good reviews. I want the usual class mix of sword-and-board tank, maybe a rogue or assassin-type character, and some casters. Does Pillars of Eternity fit the bill, or is there something else that's similarly suited?

Many thanks all! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas with your families :)
CoH 2 is more like Dawn of war 2. For that reason I prefer the first game of both series.

Soldato
Got refunded on DOOM, just cannot find it entertaining.

I did play the demo and gave it yesterday, 1 hour 34 minutes. Just not my cuppa tea. However I did buy Quake 1 yesterday and having a blast. :/ What gives?

Soldato
Picked up Thumper yesterday. It's aces on the vive, the retro look actually plays on the lower resolution for a positive effect.

Just bought Redout. After playing the demo, it had to be had.

Soldato
Guys

Can someone else check their bank statement please.

Bought broken sword trilogy and I cannot see the purchase on my bank account.

I do however have a payment for TSI Paymentwall, which looks roughly for the correct amount but it has been changed to euros and an extra €1 taken for exchange.

Just want to make sure it is for steam. And if they are charging in euros now, hey can sod off.

Associate
So far ive bought
Cities Skylines
Faster than light (which is surprisingly addictive)
Dishonoured
Also bought a Steam link, will be interesting to see how well it works.

Soldato
I'm not sure why that's embarrassing? Dodgy goods being cheaper than legit goods is surely expected.

The grey market sellers have "fixed" costs to the commodities they are re-selling. They have a minimum bottom line to sell at or they lose money.

Publishers directly on Steam have no such "fixed" overhead per sale. They could heavily discount in the sales beating the grey market sellers and STILL be in profit.

That is why it is embarrassing.

I would like to see the sales trends of this versus past sales.

Personally, I miss the daily flash sales. That enabled bigger discounting as they knew it would not be long term and many purchasing are doing so on a whim so any money is good money.

Permabanned
Picked up a Steam link and controller. Supposed to be £49.99 inc delivery but I bought a £50 wallet top up for £46-ish off of CDkeys and paid that way.

Games wise though there was nothing I wanted. Those days of crazy prices and stupid deals are long gone

Back
Top Bottom