Will they make any super hit family movies like the 90s ?

Soldato
Will they make any super hit family movies like the 90s ?

some of my favort movies have been kids family movies, like home alone, uncle buck, problem child, dennis the menace, baby's day out and more

Soldato
I always find going back to 80's and 90's movies that I love a risky thing to do. More often than not as said above, it's a case of rose-tinted specs and they simply aren't as good as I used to think they were.

Some movies are exempt of course but most old comedies are almost cringe-worthy now.

Soldato
OP
I always find going back to 80's and 90's movies that I love a risky thing to do. More often than not as said above, it's a case of rose-tinted specs and they simply aren't as good as I used to think they were.

Some movies are exempt of course but most old comedies are almost cringe-worthy now.

I agree with you here to a extent.
I've watch most of the movies I like as a kid, some I thought what was I thinking, but most I still liked a lot after watching them again.

V F

V F

Soldato
Everyone raved and endless talk about Home Alone in the 90s. Uncle Buck wasn't as big but many people did talk about it. Probably because Home Alone wasn't out yet… Some of it was a good chuckle. Good music too.

Was Weird Science a family film? Or was that more towards teenagers? That film was fun as well. Ah yes, it was for teenagers. Lot of "s***" said throughout the film.

Hollywood has really changed since the mid 00s? Nothing from my memory really sticks today like films you'll always remember from the late 80s/90s. Other films do as adult films.

Even the music. There's a strange different magic back then compared to today for strange different reasons. Maybe the fact things weren't so instant back then.

I don't know how one could describe it. There was lots of good stuff back then as well as awful. Though the same could be said today but it seems you really have to hunt for most of it today. Or maybe it's just that thing with getting older.

Soldato
OP
Your right.
Nothing from my memory really sticks today like films you'll always remember from the late 80s/90s

V F

V F

Soldato
How can Hollywood run out of ideas with all the scriptwriters all over the world. Surely all the film people out there must have something. Look at all the best sellers. Surely there has to be something out there than reboots.

Soldato
Have watched all these recently with the kids (9 and 8) and they love them as do i!! Proper movies ;)

Ghostbusters 1 & 2
Goonies
Ferris Bueller
Last Starfighter
Back to the Future trilogy
ET (didn't have as big effect on kids as it did me :()
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (red eyes caused a few issues mind!)
Beetlejuice (couple of hands over ears moments)
Mannequin
Annie
Big (not as good as i remembered it actually)
National Lampoons Xmas Vacation
Flight of the Navigator

Star Wars still to watch!!

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
This.

I absolutely love Beverly Hills Cop, Terminator 1+2, To The Future and Toy Story.
I recently watched Top Gun for the first time.

Mother Goose! Everybody raved about Top Gun for years. More so the girls/women. It went on till 89/90.

Are they crap by today's standards? Yes, but to me they are awesome.

Lies! Look how great film looked back then and the scripts. Including all the car chases!

Is that ******* Foley in there!

Got to love Taggart and Billy.

I watched Pretty Woman again last night and I must admit they don't make them like that anymore. Seen so many romantic comedies since and that is still one of my favourite!

The Hotel manager was funny.

All these films had such awesome soundtracks.

Soldato
OP
Have watched all these recently with the kids (9 and 8) and they love them as do i!! Proper movies ;)

Ghostbusters 1 & 2
Goonies
Ferris Bueller
Last Starfighter
Back to the Future trilogy
ET (didn't have as big effect on kids as it did me :()
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (red eyes caused a few issues mind!)
Beetlejuice (couple of hands over ears moments)
Mannequin
Annie
Big (not as good as i remembered it actually)
National Lampoons Xmas Vacation
Flight of the Navigator

Star Wars still to watch!!
Ive watch a lot of these with a 9, 10 , 11 18 year old and they all thought they were great.

I think some of these even by today standards are great.

Soldato
OP
Ferris Bueller is one movie that would still work today, other then the tech update things are still the same, kids still want a day off from school and the way he did it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom