Will they make any super hit family movies like the 90s ?

V F

V F

Soldato
Ferris Bueller had a great soundtrack as well.

I really loved most movies of the 80s and 90s. The great sunny American look they all seem to have. The feeling you wanted to be in America/Beverly Hills. They created such positive vibes.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah they certainly do!

I watched Goonies for the first time ~ 2 1/2 years ago at the age of 23.
It had the 80s element of course but didn't get the hype I am afraid :(.

you should check out some of the others also, they may not live upto the hype (most movies dont) but still great movies some are a lot better then the currant stuff.

Soldato
OP
I can't speak for Beverly Hills Cop as I've not seen it, and Top Gun is genuinely terrible, but all the rest are great films.

You should watch Beverly Hills Cop its a great movie, if you like any of eddie murphy's movies you will love it, even if you dont its a great, funny movie.

I've never watch top gun myself and dont think I will unless I have a good reason to do so.

Man of Honour
Ferris Bueller and the Back To The Future series of films were absolutely fantastic and I can't see anything modern living up to them.

Soldato
OP
Ferris Bueller and the Back To The Future series of films were absolutely fantastic and I can't see anything modern living up to them.

Your right whenever they make a remake or reboot they end up messing up a great movie.

Look at the 2014 robocop its not even close to how good the original was, the only improvement was the armour but what a waste.

They should remake movies that could have been better or did not do well when it came out in the 80s or 90, so if they do a poor job in most cases is the issue no one will care.

Associate
I agree with both sides here - In general I do miss these sorts of films as I think a lot of them were great, however some were poo....

Some greats -

Home Alone 1 and 2
Ace Ventura 1 and 2
The Mask
Liar Liar (watched the other night, super funny film)
Roger Rabbit
BeetleJuice

Associate
Its a tough call really. I am an 80s kid and I loved all the films you mention. However modern films from Pixar are some of the best Ive ever seen. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Nemo and Wall-E are just such brilliant stories.

I think it probably just comes down to our age when we first seen them. The Goonies is pretty timeless. All kids love adventure.

Soldato
OP
Its a tough call really. I am an 80s kid and I loved all the films you mention. However modern films from Pixar are some of the best Ive ever seen. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Nemo and Wall-E are just such brilliant stories.

I think it probably just comes down to our age when we first seen them. The Goonies is pretty timeless. All kids love adventure.

I agree pixar movies are great but I still miss these, they are not the same.

Soldato
OP
Nobody will care about a remake of a movie that didn't do well either..
I'm just saying, if they use a movie that had great potential but did not do well, they could fix the shortcomings and have a great movie.

I mean there must be some movies, that at the time people thought was going to be great movie, watching it but got ruined by the ending or a plot twist.

Back
Top Bottom