Will we grow old?

Permabanned
Been thinking lately about the whole modern living thing.

My grandparents lived into their 90's and my nana is currently 92.

They all lived most of there lives without the access to fast food that we enjoy, electromagnetic radiation all around and the abundance of chemicals in everything.

They always ate stuff from the local grocers and butchers etc only minimal packaged foods and no fast food like macdonalds, pizzas etc.

They suffered stress from hard living and WWII but that makes us stronger I believe.

I could go on but what do you all think? Will modern living mean that our generation will not reach old age, a modern time bomb!!

Associate
We will live longer and longer. Developed countries have a level of health care that at the margin exceeds the effect on your health of the things you mentioned.

Developing countries have less of the former, more of the latter. However, health care will improve while unhealthy food etc will remain roughly constant. Therefore they will also live longer.

Underdeveloped countries have neither. Fast food etc is more likely to increase first. However, they haven't reached the critical point after which it becomes detrimental to their health; any food is good. Therefore, they will live longer too.

Conclusion: everyone will live longer.

Associate
In theory with better health care and living conditions we will all live longer. However the Governments biggest expenditure is Pensions so the longer we live the more it costs them to support us, therefore the less money they have. So if they don't invest in health care and keeping us alive longer it saves them money. So catch 22 really, you can add your own conspiracy theories.

But the only guarantee in life is that one day you will die.

Back
Top Bottom