• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Will you be buying a Radeon VII?

Will you be buying a Radeon VII?

• Total voters
Soldato
Nvidia seems to be trying to market DLSS as something which will improve overall FPS, which is false. It's not as interesting as they are hyping it up to be.

It's nothing more than selective supersampling. If your already playing in 1440 or 4k it's not going to be much use.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nvidia seems to be trying to market DLSS as something which will improve overall FPS, which is false. It's not as interesting as they are hyping it up to be.

It's nothing more than selective supersampling. If your already playing in 1440 or 4k it's not going to be much use.
Nvidia is probably trying to pull a "BOSE" and try to convince the general users that they can deliver just as good quality despite cutting back on the hardware specs, this could be one of the reasons why the performance of the RTX 20 series cards (excluding 2080ti) overall all seem so underwhelming comparing to the Pascal cards in traditional ways of rendering.

I mean nearly £400 for a 60 card is bad enough, but not only that it also only has 6GB of vram not even 8GB (despite 1070 up to 1080 had 8GB vram). It reminds me of the GTX670/GTX680 with its 2GB vram again.

Soldato
Soldato
Radeon VII Lacks Full FP64 Compute Capabilities Available to Instinct MI60

https://www.techpowerup.com/251506/...mpute-capabilities-available-to-instinct-mi60

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-vii.c3358

Radeon VII now confirmed will have 860 GFLOP FP64 instead of 6.7 TFLOP FP64 which are only available to Instinct MI60.

Sorry to disappointed guys who want to buy Radeon VII with massive 6.7 TFLOP FP64 compute for bargain $699. NOPE!
]

Well it is not priced like a Titan Volta so why should it still have the full FP64 available. It still has 16gb vram and high bandwidth so those that need fp32 and loads of Vram should still benefit.

Associate
Given the news I just read that said there will be 5k of them available at launch not many are going to buy them, will overclockers.co.uk even have any?

• 5K world wide their having a laugh. If more will be available a (short?) while after this "launch" it would make more sense to me to launch with a greater number than 5k.

I think it is a stop gap card that is never going to be available in large numbers given than the chip are rejects from the "M150 GPU accelerators ". Yields on chips tend to get better over time so the supply of the good enough rejects for this card is only going to get lower.

Soldato
Radeon VII Lacks Full FP64 Compute Capabilities Available to Instinct MI60

https://www.techpowerup.com/251506/...mpute-capabilities-available-to-instinct-mi60

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-vii.c3358

Radeon VII now confirmed will have 860 GFLOP FP64 instead of 6.7 TFLOP FP64 which are only available to Instinct MI60.

Sorry to disappointed guys who want to buy Radeon VII with massive 6.7 TFLOP FP64 compute for bargain $699. NOPE!

Lisa says on stage VEGA 7 will support Rapid Packed Math That is FP64

12:48PM EST - Async Compute, Rapid Packed Math, Shader Intrinsics

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1382...live-blog-looking-ahead-starts-9am-pt-5pm-utc

Caporegime
Given the news I just read that said there will be 5k of them available at launch not many are going to buy them, will overclockers.co.uk even have any?

• 5K world wide their having a laugh. If more will be available a (short?) while after this "launch" it would make more sense to me to launch with a greater number than 5k.

I think it is a stop gap card that is never going to be available in large numbers given than the chip are rejects from the "M150 GPU accelerators ". Yields on chips tend to get better over time so the supply of the good enough rejects for this card is only going to get lower.

One site says 5k, another says 20k with an additional 40k later. Just sites making up numbers for click bait articles

OcUK Staff
One site says 5k, another says 20k with an additional 40k later. Just sites making up numbers for click bait articles

Well I put an order in for 1k with Sapphire whilst watching the stream with the owner of Sapphire in the audience.

Fingers crossed OcUk will be sorted! :)

Soldato
Well I put an order in for 1k with Sapphire whilst watching the stream with the owner of Sapphire in the audience.

With the way you wrote this, couldn't stop my self asking what would happen if the guy doesn't deliver 1000 cards?
Is he going to find his favourite pet head next to him in bed? :D

Associate

I did mention CNY several pages back.
Production will ramp up!

Fact is those buying at launch will pay more, those happy to wait until end February will pay less.

I know OcUK has done exceptionally well, were now just shy of 100 cards, that pretty much makes us the largest stockist in Europe, but our sales performance is pretty much the best in Europe so I am glad AMD is supporting those who support them. :)

Sad to see that the 5K at launch seems to be true, while you have quite a few cards it is a long way short of what you ordered :(
While I'm not in the market for a new card yet I was so hoping for a great launch and this does not look like it is going to be great.

Back
Top Bottom