• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Will you be buying a Radeon VII?

Will you be buying a Radeon VII?

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
Sad to see that the 5K at launch seems to be true, while you have quite a few cards it is a long way short of what you ordered :(
While I'm not in the market for a new card yet I was so hoping for a great launch and this does not look like it is going to be great.

I need 1000 minimum for launch, I would have smashed them all out at £649.99 but were not even getting a tenth of that, such a shame, really hope our PO's can be fulfilled and at present have no idea even if we get that many full stop through the products life cycle. There is too much unknown right now.

OcUK Staff
What pre-orders? :confused:

Purchase Orders, ordered thousands for launch, got less than a 100, cards at £649 will be gone in seconds and there is no news on second wave numbers, so will we get 200 or 2000 later this month as it needs to be over 1000 absolutely!

Associate
Purchase Orders, ordered thousands for launch, got less than a 100, cards at £649 will be gone in seconds and there is no news on second wave numbers, so will we get 200 or 2000 later this month as it needs to be over 1000 absolutely!

I could sort of understand if this was a Liquid Cooled variant (love my Vega64LC), but this sucker is on air!
Is there some production issue or just a lack of confidence from AMD?

Associate

It's almost like they want financial ruin though. I've been holding out on an upgrade specifically for the radeon 7, and you guys only getting 100 is...flabbergasting. (I love that word) it now means that I'll consider looking at Nvidia offerings again, or even Vega 64.

Caporegime
I could sort of understand if this was a Liquid Cooled variant (love my Vega64LC), but this sucker is on air!
Is there some production issue or just a lack of confidence from AMD?

Because either the card is a failed Mi50, in which case only card that have failed to be a Mi50 which can sell at $5-6000 a pop but are otherwise still functioning enough for gaming will enter the Radeon 7 supply stream.

Or these are functional Mi50 cards (but not MI60, with only 60CUs), in which case they cost about $700 to make so AMD is selling them at a loss. If AMD could sell them at 1k a piece then there would be more supply buit at 700 it is liekly more expensive and slower than the 2080.

Associate
What are the best brands to go for on launch? MSI looks quite good, and I bought a gigabyte 1070 because the warranty looked good. what other brands would be worth going for if they aren't available?

The 2080 with the 2 games for £650 is starting to look really appealing now. I might end up bottling it completely and going for the 2080 because of the DLSS, although the comparative lack of of VRAM still puts me off.

Back
Top Bottom