• iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm not sure. I think the new phones will be amazing but I'm not sure they will improve on the core usage of the phone. Unless the battery life, camera and form factor are a improved significantly over the current phones I may just stick with my 7 plus.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Also for just over £1k you can get

iPhone SE 64GB
iPad Mini 4 124GB
Sony RX100 digital camera

To me this looks good depending on your usage. iPhone SE is great at almost everything except media consumption. At home you have the iPad and when you want to take photos on a day out or holiday you can get much better shots on the RX100.

I'm probably gonna end up down this route as it fits my usage perfectly. Just need a new SE with force touch and job done.

Associate
Also for just over £1k you can get

iPhone SE 64GB
iPad Mini 4 124GB
Sony RX100 digital camera

To me this looks good depending on your usage. iPhone SE is great at almost everything except media consumption. At home you have the iPad and when you want to take photos on a day out or holiday you can get much better shots on the RX100.

I'm probably gonna end up down this route as it fits my usage perfectly. Just need a new SE with force touch and job done.

I would agree minus the SE, as I have very long fingers and so small screens result in poor accuracy.

Associate
I will be getting one. On a 6 at the minute and held off getting a 7 due to hearing about this one. I normally upgrade every 2 years.
Yes it is very expensive but I don't spend my money stupidly so to me it's worth it.

Soldato
After seeing the rumoured chassis and that it has a smaller footprint than the plus whilst keeping a big screen. I think I'll be taking advantage of my AUP

Soldato
I would love an updated SE in the same style as the 7 with new innards. Jet Black would have me preordering.

4" is just the perfect size when you have lots of other devices for other uses (TV, PC, iPad, etc).

Soldato
I saw these rumors, and supposed specs. Just went and bought the 7 Plus 128GB.

Fantastic device, and my first iPhone since the 4S. Damn did I miss iOS, and the ecosystem. iCloud had everything dating back to 2012 as well.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So following on from my previous post I've started to make the transition to my ideal setup.

I use my current iPhone 7 Plus for work, with my personal sim. My actual work phone and sim are unused. This is relevant because I've requested an iPhone SE 32GB from work, so I'll be getting that for free and dropping my personal sim into that, as I use it for work anyway.

That frees up my 7 plus to be recycled for £450 to pay for either an iPad (depends since I have MBP at home) or towards a decent digital camera.

I can see the next iPhones being good, but in the core areas - excluding media consumption - I won't see any day to day benefit.

It'll be good to remove the distraction of using my phone while I'm out and about to read webpages and generally dick about. Calls, messages, music, snap shots and looking stuff up.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Going from 7+ screen to SE screen is going to be rough... Also, never actually heard anyone refer to "not having it as a distraction" as a plus. =D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Also, never actually heard anyone refer to "not having it as a distraction" as a plus. =D

I think the issue is that the Plus is very capable at doing things you wouldn't normally do on a smaller phone. Should I really be doing spreadsheets, managing emails, playing games or watching shows on my phone? Sure, but why not do that when I'm home and on an iPad, and not out doing other things.

Soldato
Wonder what the monthly contract prices will be? £75 a month quite easily? EE were doing contracts for iPhone 7+ on release for £63 a month.

Soldato
get a new iphone every year with work, use it for a week then swap back to my note 4, always disappointed, I think most of the latest smartphones are massively overpriced in general but they are taking the biscuit.

Back
Top Bottom