• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
I do need to change phone soon as the battery is practically useless in my current one and I am waiting to see what Apple release. £1k for a phone though? I think most peoples reaction is to baulk at the thought of that as is mine. Though if the rumours are correct about Apple going all out being it's the 10th anniversary then maybe. It would have to be something special and better than anything else though.

If nothing else though, I'm sure there will be thousands who will buy it regardless so it should be easy to pick up a 7/7s cheap.

Soldato
The next iPhone needs to be a major upgrade. Have had the last 3 gens and there is very little between them. Plus even iOS feels sloppy, keep exhibiting glitches on all iOS devices we have. Even iOS 11 does not feel like any significant upgrade. Hate to say it but apple are way behind in the phone stakes

Soldato
The next iPhone needs to be a major upgrade. Have had the last 3 gens and there is very little between them.

This. I've had every iPhone until the 6 and swapped to an Edge 7 and haven't looked back. I just don't get why people upgrade every 2 years to get the same phone in a new shell so the speak. This would need to have a huge upgrade to justify the switch-a-roo back.

Soldato
This. I've had every iPhone until the 6 and swapped to an Edge 7 and haven't looked back. I just don't get why people upgrade every 2 years to get the same phone in a new shell so the speak. This would need to have a huge upgrade to justify the switch-a-roo back.

I agree but equally I don't think this applies only to Apple. The whole phone market has stagnated IMO with most phones just being yearly iterations of the last one. If it wasn't for my battery being so bad in my iphone 6 I wouldn't be looking to upgrade at all.

Caporegime
I don't see why a phone shouldn't cost £1000. It's not just a phone. It's a ultra-portable computer. It's fifty trillion devices in the palm of your hand. I bet you get more value in terms of usage out of your iPhone than you would a laptop costing the same amount. Or a 4K HDR television. No-one baulks at paying £1000+ for those things.

Soldato
I don't see why a phone shouldn't cost £1000. It's not just a phone. It's a ultra-portable computer. It's fifty trillion devices in the palm of your hand. I bet you get more value in terms of usage out of your iPhone than you would a laptop costing the same amount. Or a 4K HDR television. No-one baulks at paying £1000+ for those things.
Not sure how my web design and development / video work would come out on a £1000 phone my 4k TV was 350?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
OP
I agree but equally I don't think this applies only to Apple. The whole phone market has stagnated IMO with most phones just being yearly iterations of the last one. If it wasn't for my battery being so bad in my iphone 6 I wouldn't be looking to upgrade at all.

I'm happy with my 6 aside from camera quality. That's my biggest factor for going for the new iPhone. I enjoy photography and whenever I go out I have to take my mirrorless with me to capture nice shots whereas friends with S7 Edge/S8/7+ manage to take beautiful photos just off their phone!

If you're happy with your 6 aside from battery quality, Apple with replace the battery for you within about 20 mins for £70.

Associate
Yes;]

But it depends when it's going to be released. I'm on the upgrade plan so if I have to wait till December I'd rather pay in full my iphone 7 and then get a new phone.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Amazing how many people who don't have any interest in iPhones love spending their time telling people who do that they are iSheep and idiots. Its just a little sad really. I have an iphone 6+ and I will upgrade to the 8 as its getting a bit slow now and the new phone looks like it will be amazing if the rumours are true.

People spend money on various things they like. Cars, staying in expensive hotels, fishing equipment etc. Why is it ridiculous to spend a lot on something you use for so many things and will last for years if you want it to.

Apart from that, the entry model won't be £1000. The current entry 7+ is £719. They aren't putting nearly £300 on top of the current flagship. It might be close to £900 and perhaps won't come in a base storage capacity much like the jet black doesn't at the moment but the base model won't be £1000.

V F

V F

Soldato
Not for me, I barely use my phone as it is. It gets used for texting and WhatsApp and some light browsing, I've never been into mobile games.

I'd get far more use out of a laptop or a 4K HDR television in terms of active and engaging content.

Pretty much like that myself. Only use it for two factor stuff, mostly. Haven't even made or had a phone call on the iPhone 7 yet. :o

Even on the iPad I don't game.

Soldato
If there's wireless charging, an improved camera and performance then I'll probably upgrade as my ageing 6 Plus is slowing up a little. In terms of battery I still get a full day (no gaming, light to medium use in terms of Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram and a bit of YouTube).

I have a sim only contract and want to keep that, so I'll buy it outright if I decide to get one. £1,000.00 is steep but as others have said, cost per use would be pretty low (especially if I keep it three years like I have my 6 Plus).

iSheep/idiot comments are a little obscure and immature, and ultimately smells of a little jealousy. Whilst I agree people who treat Apple like a cult and blindly upgrade on a year to year basis probably don't need to, but if it's their own money and they can justify then I'd never judge someone for that.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
iSheep/idiot comments are a little obscure and immature, and ultimately smells of a little jealousy. Whilst I agree people who treat Apple like a cult and blindly upgrade on a year to year basis probably don't need to, but if it's their own money and they can justify then I'd never judge someone for that.

It hasn't changed one bit from the days of PC vs Mac before all the handhelds.

Back
Top Bottom