• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I was interested but if it really is over a grand, they can **** right off. Can't pay more than £600 for a phone, and that hurts bad enough. Looks like another year or two with my Galaxy S6, which still does everything I want it to anyway.

Associate
You need to be strong willed to block out all the hype of the new one but I totally agree with you. Financially makes sense.

Meh i phones a phone nothing on a phone is ever so amazing that i need to run to get one, all i use it for is txt, calls browsing and watching videos and streams. Which most do anyway. Anything else isnt worth 600+

Soldato
I was going to, but not so sure now... I reckon it's going to be diminishing returns over a 7s, seems like the 8/edition/pro/whatever they will call it is mostly going to be a 7s in a new body and OLED screen.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I was going to, but not so sure now... I reckon it's going to be diminishing returns over a 7s, seems like the 8/edition/pro/whatever they will call it is mostly going to be a 7s in a new body and OLED screen.
Don't know which rumour sites you've been reading! This is going to be a pretty special phone I would've thought.

Soldato
Don't know which rumour sites you've been reading! This is going to be a pretty special phone I would've thought.

Can't help but feel in coming out with 3 phones, they're short changing the consumer. The buyers of the new iphones at the £600-800 range every year were buying Apple's best foot forward and now it's no longer the case. Anyway, back on the iPhone 8 hype train, mostly due to the rumoured 5.8inch screen. Bigger the screen the better for me, as a commuter.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I can't see them keeping the naming conventions e.g. with version numbers

iPhone 7s will become just iPhone or iPhone S.
iPhone 8 will become iPhone Edition or iPhone Pro.

Similar to how we have for the Macs.

iPhone SE (2017)
iPhone (2017)
iPhone Plus (2017)
iPhone Pro (2017)

Having 2 number systems wouldn't work. What would they do next year? 8 becomes 9 and 7s becomes 8s? confusing.

Soldato
Can't help but feel in coming out with 3 phones, they're short changing the consumer. The buyers of the new iphones at the £600-800 range every year were buying Apple's best foot forward and now it's no longer the case. Anyway, back on the iPhone 8 hype train, mostly due to the rumoured 5.8inch screen. Bigger the screen the better for me, as a commuter.

We don't really know if the regular size/Plus model this year are going to be the equivalent of this year's 'iPad' in that they come in at a slightly more affordable price point than the flagship model at the expense of not having the latest features. All we really know about them is that they look almost identical to last year but are a bit thicker in all dimensions due to them using a glass back.

Soldato
Having used Android for a good few years I quite fancy a move... It does look like a nice phone.

Plus with a work provided MBP and a personal iPad it would be nice to complete the ecosystem.

1k is a lot though, especially when my OP3 (even after its bath) is working absolutely fine.

Back
Top Bottom