• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
If the features and design are right, sure. It'll only be a net cost of £500 or so once the existing phone is sold. If not then I'll happily hold on the 7+ until something more appealing comes along (from Apple - I like the integrated ecosystem across multiple devices).

Associate
Too big, I switched from a Nexus 6p to a 7 and one of the reasons was that the phone was far too big, even for me with massive hands, and the 7 is just the perfect size for a phone. I won't be very happy if the only iPhone available at roughly 5" in size doesn't have all the latest and greatest tech.
The main advantage of the 8 will be a bigger screen in a similar size body to the 7 so you should be fine !

Associate
Yes. Currently on an iPhone 6.

The screen is loose on the bottom 2 corners. So when you press it you clicks in like it has 3d touch. Causes the screen to be unresponsive at times. Went to the Apple store to have it switched out once before for this issue. Went back there again and they said it would be a full unit replacement, at out of warranty cost. The home button is starting to fail as well.

Will hold out until the 8 comes along. I have some hardware vouchers and this phone which will help reduce the cost.

Phone cosmetically is pretty much immaculate. Have a dbrand skin on it and a screen protector.

If the rumors are true, then I'm looking forward to the larger screen in a phone with a similar footprint as the 6.

I would consider the plus but with the large chin for the home button at the bottom, it makes it a bit too big for my liking. The 8's edge to edge screen would be ideal with the built in home button in the screen.

Associate
It seems a lot of you are looking at it from buying from an outright position. There will be many many people that will be at the end of their two year contract cycle so their next upgrade will be this iPhone.

Then there are those (including myself) who went on the upgrade program to see what this 10th year anniversary iPhone is all about. I can assess the situation nearer the time and if I want the new one I can hop on a new payment scheme and if not, then I'll just continue paying off the 7 I currently have.

Associate
No don't be silly.

However all this new phone talk, is making me regret not just sitting tight with my HTC 10 and waiting for this years iPhone instead of caving in for the 7, which I do like over my 10 for the most part but its not without its downsides.

I think if I opt for the 8, I'll sell the 7 instead of keeping as a spare to recoup some of the cost.
Since I didnt opt for the upgrade programme - which is also regret lmao:rolleyes:

Soldato
I might be very wrong, but was this phone not going to be called something different?
A side name, as it isn't part of the standard apple update plan thing?
So it would be excluded?

Soldato
There's nothing but speculation as to what models will be released. There's rumours going round today Apple has ordered 70 million OLED displays for this year's models; hardly a 'limited edition' number. Looking forward to seeing an OLED display with great out-of-the-box colour accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom