Wimbledon 2022

Did I hear them say he doesn't have a coach?

I don't doubt that kyrgios is a good tennis player. But I don't think he'll ever become world class without some serious growing up and some discipline.

You just have to keep a cool level head in the final, getting worked up about mistakes just gets you frustrated and you lose focus.
He doesn't have a coach.

It's a shame that he has so much potential but he's his own worst enemy.

Soldato
Kyrgios is as good as the other top players but mentally he is miles behind. He could win tournaments if he was better than them but hes not and his attitude puts him a level below them. The fact that Nadal, Federer and Djokovic have dominated for so long is quite amazing.

It also helps massively that the #nextgen and nextgen and the gen after that are all hopeless as there’s a little bit of pressure. Those three should not be anywhere near slams at 35+ let alone completely dominating them.

Reactions: fez

fez

fez

Caporegime
He doesn't have a coach.

It's a shame that he has so much potential but he's his own worst enemy.

Its utterly bizarre because all the best players/teams in every single sport have the very best people advising them and coaching them.

I assume he doesn't because he can't handle being told what to do and is constantly arguing with them.

I mean, if he doesn't care about maximising his potential then fair play. He will earn plenty enough in his career but he will 100% regret it when he gets older.

Caporegime
OP
It also helps massively that the #nextgen and nextgen and the gen after that are all hopeless as there’s a little bit of pressure. Those three should not be anywhere near slams at 35+ let alone completely dominating them.
To be fair, they're all immensely talented but they've played in a era where sports science has massively aided their preparation and recovery so age hasn't been as much of a factor for them.

Soldato
To be fair, they're all immensely talented but they've played in a era where sports science has massively aided their preparation and recovery so age hasn't been as much of a factor for them.

Equally though (Or maybe even greater) the next lot have been able to grow and develop through the SS era so should be tip top.

Take the QF with Rafa the other day, he could barely bloody move and he still won.

Novak fell two sets behind then Sinner was like a rabbit in the headlights.

The only one whose been able to compete but not consistently has been Medv and even then he collapsed against Rafa at his worst slam from 2-0 up in the final.

Don’t see anyone else winning it for a while. Unless injured, nadal and Djokovic just have an extra gear and grit that none of the youngsters possess. Especially at Wimbledon.

Rafa hasn’t won it in over 10 years. Novak/Fed next year if both are fit will go deep, the former will be odds on again to win it.

Soldato
Its utterly bizarre because all the best players/teams in every single sport have the very best people advising them and coaching them.

I assume he doesn't because he can't handle being told what to do and is constantly arguing with them.

I mean, if he doesn't care about maximising his potential then fair play. He will earn plenty enough in his career but he will 100% regret it when he gets older.

Was saying the exact same thing earlier. No matter what the sport is, the world's best all have coaches. You can never see your own mistakes etc and you need another expert to point them out.

I'm of the same opinion that he'll just verbally abuse any coach that's trying to make him learn from his mistakes and will never be top of his game.

Soldato
Pretty funny seeing the responses here, seem many have never seen kyrgios play before. You should watch the games between him and Murray. Absolutely hilarious both of them having full on conversations with themselves.

Meh, shame it had to be him but gutted Berrettini missed the championships and even more gutted Nadal got injured again.

Doubt it would have been much different. Remember the last Berrettini final? Djokovic won in four sets and actually had an easier time of it than he had with Nick yesterday.

There are few players that don't particularly enjoy tennis or just happy to make the money. Graff and Agassi are two examples that actually hated the sport after being forced to play by their fathers.

Benoit Paire, has come out and said he's happy to get knocked out in the first round or two of tournaments, and collect the prize money, as tennis is just to fund his lifestyle. He's another with talent.

Then there is Eugenie Bouchard, who to be fair to her has suffered some injuries and set backs, but is quite content being an influencer at times.

Also don't forget Osaka, who skipped Wimbledon this year, and basically wants to do the minimum required to enter the tournaments she's interested in. Funnily enough Nick had coached her on her serve recently, and they announced a doubles team up.

How much is the prize money for them?

Total prize money is £40m. Winner of the Men's singles gets £2m the runner up £1m.

Soldato
Don’t see anyone else winning it for a while. Unless injured, nadal and Djokovic just have an extra gear and grit that none of the youngsters possess. Especially at Wimbledon.

Nadal always seems to have an injury of one kind or another over his career Djokovic though just seems to always be in top form both mentally and physically its quite astonishing. The match was essentially a demolition job the other guy has potential but too many issues.

Back
Top Bottom