Win 10 crashing with lots of different stop codes

Associate
My laptop suddenly crashed with Windows 10 stop code
- IRQL not Less or Equal error

Then it only successfully booted into Windows occasionally and it always crashed to a BSOD within 60 secs. Stop codes are varied and include:
- attempted execute of noexecute memory
- bad pool header
- kernel security
- ntfs.sys
- system service exception
- whea uncorrectable error
- kmode exception not handled

Have tried to do a fresh install of Windows 10 from a usb stick but it isn't getting all the way through, tends to crash with a stop code error when Cortana starts speaking.

Have done chkdsk drive tests and used the built in ram test and all seems okay. Seems strange to be getting such a range of errors.

The laptop is a HP OMEN (15-ax000na) and is out of warranty. Usually fix computers myself and don't know a good repair shop.

Any ideas - might it be a power supply problem? or perhaps memory?
I would guess memory even though it seemingly passed a test.

Associate
OP
So my local computer repair shop has tried to fix it, they say it isn't the ram nor the storage drives but actually the motherboard.

It's out of warranty (bought June 2016) as I didn't take out an extended warranty, I look after my things well and have never regretted this before. This laptop has hardly traveled and it's never been used on soft surfaces that might have blocked vents. I'm gutted for my son, the laptop is just 17 months old and he loved it.

HP's website quotes £34 to book a phone call to discuss the issue and if they can't fix over the phone (clearly they won't be able to) then they will quote for a repair. I've heard that a motherboard is usually uneconomic to fix and they may just give a 10% discount on a current model.

Back
Top Bottom