win7 not fully seeing my card reader

Soldato
I have a 2.5" card reader fitted inside my shuttle, it uses the internal USB header to connect, and worked fine on Vista, no drivers needed and non available. since going to win7 the SD and the USB2 ones work fine, however nothing happens when i plug in an XD card, not a big issue but bugging me. the green led comes on to indicate that the card is accepted and being read but nout happens on the screen or in 'my computer'

Furthermore in Vista it used to display all my card reader drives all the time in 'my computer' and now in win7 this does not happen, which is better.

Device manger looks good with no errors or questions

Any thoughts?

Associate
I figured this out the other day as I was having the same probelm. Go to Folder Options in Control Panel and I think it's the "View" tab and there is a new option called something like "Hide drives not in use" or something similar.

Uncheck that and see what happens!

Soldato
OP
I figured this out the other day as I was having the same probelm. Go to Folder Options in Control Panel and I think it's the "View" tab and there is a new option called something like "Hide drives not in use" or something similar.

Uncheck that and see what happens!

good call will have a go now

Back
Top Bottom