Windows 10 Assistive Technology upgrade ends tomorrow 31st December!

Caporegime
You will still be able to install Windows 7 and upgrade it using the media creation tool or simply enter the Windows 7 key into the Windows 10 activation screen.

Been doing this since forever and I doubt it will stop working.

Associate
MS aren't going to be sad about people installing Win using older keys.

I agree 100%
I downloaded Windows 10 during the free period onto a Gigabyte Mobo GA-Z68AP TBH I didn't like it all that much & went back to 7. Since then I've changed the Mobo to Gigabyte Z370 I've upgraded the CPU & memory too, after which I fully expected Win10 not to load but it did, & activated too.
BTH this was without the serial # from Win 7

Edit due to typo

Last edited:
Soldato
tried it out used old win 7 pro key i had

had to copy a file over from c:\windows\system32 to the win 10 upgrade folder to get it working
but it upgraded fine
Still using windows 7 , but got a dual boot were I can boot to 10 if I want to

Soldato
There's got to be something to it, free for all for 12 months & followed up by a virtual free for all for another 12 months. I wonder what's coming next?

"free for all" is an understatement. Win 10 was literally rammed down everybody's throats at first. Anybody remember the GWX virus. Most amazing virus in the history of computing if you ask me.

Man of Honour
"free for all" is an understatement. Win 10 was literally rammed down everybody's throats at first. Anybody remember the GWX virus. Most amazing virus in the history of computing if you ask me.

I dunno - the fact that a few months back Defender/MSE/MMPE in 10 could actually activate malware when scanning instead of quarantining them gives it a good run - surprisingly mostly swept under the carpet - I'm pretty sure its at least partially responsible for a few recent headline outbreaks but for some reason all the security researchers will look at anything but that.

I mean potentially you could email a specially crafted file to someone in Outlook and it would execute despite no one actually clicking on the email.

Back
Top Bottom