Windows 10 virtual desktops and trackpads

Soldato
The one thing I miss from my work mac when I get home is being able to swipe between virtual desktops with a track pad. So I was thinking of getting one for my desktop at home.

Question: is that functionality actually available on w10? Do I require a specific type of trackpad? I couldn't find much on the Web about this.

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Depends on the software. If you can assign keypresses to actions it will work. Ctrl+Win+Left/Right is the normal action for swiping between desktops.

Of course, they could just support it natively too.

Soldato
OP
So it turns out w10 DOES support it, 4 finger swipe is change desktops.

Finding a bloody compatible touch pad? Impossible.

Soldato
Ah sorry. Missed the bit about desktop. Have you tried a Mac trackpad? It’s multi touch so surely (I laugh) Windows will support multi touch swipes on it?

Soldato
OP
Nah it's all a bit janky. Apparently ms introduced a standard driver for touch pads and if the touch pad doesn't support that you are stuck with no multi touch support. Finding one and impossible

Soldato
So it turns out w10 DOES support it, 4 finger swipe is change desktops.

Finding a bloody compatible touch pad? Impossible.

I had (and still have somewhere) a Logitech track pad. About 10cm square which I had to the right of my keyboard. You could program it with various gestures like the above and it had defaults pre-set. I expect Logitech still makes them.

Back
Top Bottom