Windows 10 won't up date, how do I solve this?

Associate
Hi guys i've got the latest 1803 update which was working fine but all of a sudden it wont do the small updates and my usb ports wont read/recognize my usb devices that work fine on other platforms.

I get error code 0x800703f1

Orion

Associate
OP
Have you tried any of the suggested fixes that Google finds when you search for the error code?
Hi Bremen Yeah i didn't want to do many of them as they had bad reps for not working from people who had previously reported trying them. I found the fix myself. I just went into settings>recovery> and there was an option to go back to a previous windows 10 version.

On windows central there is an article about the new windows 10 april update https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-april-2018-update-ultimate-resource-guide

Since I rolled back no issues.

I have 2 external hard drives with previous back ups to fall back on if anything happens again.

Thank you for the reply though.

Also if anyone is having issues with the new Nvidia driver starting 397 I suggest doing what I did and roll back to 391.35 which I did and had no problems.

Soldato
Don't have automatic updates on and you need to choose the semi-annual channel option in advanced settings for update, semi annual just means the update gets rolled out when it's in a better less bug prone state

I have turned off "Windows updates" in services. BUT (in Win 10 Home) don't see any semi-annual channel option??

Soldato
I have turned off "Windows updates" in services. BUT (in Win 10 Home) don't see any semi-annual channel option??

Open up windows bar, type windows update settings, then go to advanced options

8fnm0Jw.jpg
If you don't have that option then I believe there's a registry hack but you'd have to google that

Soldato
Thanks, I do have "Advanced Options" but none of the options offered, or various click on messages say anything about a semi-annual channel option?

Soldato
No - I get the first option re other MS products but none of the rest. My wife's PC has Win 10 Pro on it and that has the same options as yours - mine has win 10 home and doesn't!

Back
Top Bottom