Windows 11 and Ryzen 1700x - will it ever be supported?

Associate
you can install it now no problems you just have to use a different method than windows update.

Microsoft will let you install it no problems that just cant provide security updates for older hardware.

Soldato
What's the hurry for upgrading a system like this? While you can bypass all of the requirement checks and install Windows 11 I don't really see the point if its going to leave you in a technically unsupported state. Unless you have modern hardware which benefits from new features in Windows 11 (ie. Alder Lake) you would be better staying with Windows 10 and a supported configuration.

Don
What's the hurry for upgrading a system like this?

Because 11>10 and some people gotta have the latest :D

I have no idea either - Windows 10 is supported for several more years, and Windows 11 will no doubt receive some big updates to address issues that people are finding. I'll likely be waiting for at least a year/2 big update releases before we think about moving our work PCs across.

Soldato
You could just use Rufus instead of the Microsoft USB creation tool to make bypassing requirements easier, literally just a dropdown selection during the image creation process.

Back
Top Bottom