Windows 7 + m2ts files

Xee

Xee

Associate
Hi, I can play m2ts files in Media Player 12 and Media Centre 7, but neither can skip forward or backwards, only pause and play. Is this normal behavior or have I messed something up?

Is there a way to get m2ts files more fully supported by Windows 7?

Soldato
It will be down to the codecs etc surely..

will the Vista Codec pack work on win 7? if so try that and Media Player Classic..?

Or Arcsoft's Total Media Theatre plays m2ts with ffwd/rew ok.. (Again if it works in win 7)

Soldato
what BETA version are you using?

Are you using 7 in your HTPC?

Do you mean which BETA of W7?

I'm dual booting with Vista and W7 on the HTPC right now and mostly using Vista but I intend to switch to W7 once I'm happy that all of my apps and H/W work fully. Mostly that means the HDAV and will probably mean that I'll have to buy TMT3 (HDAV owners get a discount but I still find it painful).

Caporegime
Do you mean which BETA of W7?

I'm dual booting with Vista and W7 on the HTPC right now and mostly using Vista but I intend to switch to W7 once I'm happy that all of my apps and H/W work fully. Mostly that means the HDAV and will probably mean that I'll have to buy TMT3 (HDAV owners get a discount but I still find it painful).

yeah which beta?

Xee

Xee

Associate
OP
Just an update. I had and still have the latest Windows 7 Codecs installed. I have switched from Media Centre and MediaBrowser extension to XBMC.

XBMC seems to play anything I throw at it, including M2TS files, skipping backwards and forwards works a treat. Also feels more fluid then Media Centre.

I would conclude that M2TS is working (in Media Player and Media Centre, at this time) as Microsoft intended.

Back
Top Bottom