Windows 7 won't boot past "Starting Windows" screen? new build

Associate
hi,

was building a comp for my kids and all was fine for a week till yesterday when the comp just froze and now i cant get back into the comp not even in safe mode it just loops back to reboot. when i press start as normal or even last known config it gets to the starting windows with no moving graphics logo either and just reboots auto and sometimes before the reboot i see a super fast BSOD. Anyone that cam help me on this would be a life saver please?

Also tried another ssd driver and tried to instal windows but progress bar stopped just after the text loading on the loading windows files and rebooted again

This is the setup

Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz C16 XMP 2.0
Aerocool Integrator 600W Power Supply, 80 Plus Bronze, Up To 85% Efficiency,
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK Socket AM4 ATX
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler - YD2600BBAFBOX
SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 580 NITRO+ 4 GB GDDR5 2xDP/2xHDMI/DVI-D
SanDisk SSD PLUS 240 GB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Upto 530 MB/s

thanks to anyone that can help

Associate
Have you tried the SSD in a different SATA port (a different SATA cable is also worth trying). You're only using one stick of RAM, so have you checked it's in the recommended slot from the boards manual (i know it worked for a week, but hey, it's easy to check). - oh, try clearing CMOS as well and setting it to optimised defaults.

edit : Might be worth reseating the GPU too

Soldato
PSU would be my guess. Don't Aerocool use cheap components?

Keep reading that Ryzen prefers fast RAM (3000mhz minimum). Not sure if this would cause the problems you have though.

Associate
Can you get to the Bios? It would be worth resetting the default values as perhaps your kids accidentally changed something. I'd also go with the above suggestions of reseating the GPU and double check the RAM is in the correct slot.

Associate
OP
i tried everything i could think of and also tried the memory all slots inc the slot dim 2 which was recommended and still same thing i set to defaults and cleared cmos.

Associate
OP
i bought everything as always from ocuk but the memory i bought from amzon. i bought 1 8gb for me and 1 for my brother so i borrowed is today and put it in the comp and boom it works no problem. i never suspected the ram because i have never had any ram go faulty :(

want to thank you all for the help and advice you gave me. i will hope to send it back and hopefully find any alt on ocuk to buy as i should have done. just hope the other ram stick doesnt end up as bad...

Back
Top Bottom