Windows on ARM

Caporegime
I think I remember reading that a load of developer devices were given away at MWC a couple of weeks ago. Does that mean there is a beta version of WOA floating around, either released (unlikely) or copied from one of those devices?

I have a touchpad just itching to try W8... I'm also interested to know what sort of driver support there is, is it a case, like android, of it talking a long time to get stable releases out or will it just install on Arm devices like it installs on x86 machines.

Soldato
Never.

MS are tightly controlling WOA, they'll never be a beta release, it's not open source and Qualcomm will never release S3 drivers (dev tablets use the S4)

Unless I'm wrong?

Caporegime
OP
Never.

MS are tightly controlling WOA, they'll never be a beta release, it's not open source and Qualcomm will never release S3 drivers (dev tablets use the S4)

Unless I'm wrong?

That never stopped those who were "rooting" WinMo for years. I doubt it will stop a modding community for win 8 either. Rooting/jailbreaking/flashing didn't start with Android and it won't finish at it as well. :p

The secured boot loader may be an issue though.:(

Back
Top Bottom