Wing Mirror Help

Soldato
I smashed my passenger side wing mirror off last night in a small street on one of those metal bollard things. Quite simply i was in a rush and tried to squeeze down a gap that was too small. I've learnt my lesson now :o

Anyway, the wing mirror is hanging off by the wires at the moment. What's the best thing to do? I'll have to drive round for at least another week with it like that so how should i secure it? Cut the wires, tape them up and do without a wing mirror for a while? Super glue?

Any help is appreciated. Also, does anyone know in what state wing mirrors can be purchased from a dealership? What i mean is that the wing mirror itself is broken, but also the metal swivel that you can use to push it in when parking is snapped in half, so i think i need a whole new assembly and not just the actually wing mirror itself. Is this normally how they're purchased? Going to ring Mr.T later.

Soldato
OP
Yep, colour coded, electrically adjustable and heated. Would Halfords/Motorworld sell them? I'm loathed to go to Toyota because i know they'll be expensive. Is it likely to be colour coded when i buy it? It's a black car.

Associate
I just did something similar on my 04 vectra, cost me quite a bit:

Plastic cover £12
Mirror £25
Paint the plastic cover £30
plus VAT,

parts I didnt need but sounds like you do, the main assembley was £50 and the motor was £35 :eek:

And I wouldnt cut the wires btw, just put some electricians tape over them

Soldato
OP
Toyota want £118, thats obviously a brand new part with heating elements. Now i can get a second hand one for £30 but it won't be a heated one :( Haven't really ever used the heated wing mirrors but i suppose it's because this winter hasn't been so bad. Decisions decisions....

Back
Top Bottom