Winter 2019/2020

Soldato
I would say very windy but not gale force and moderately heavy rain ,but not torrential out there at the moment ,if its anything like the last storm it will increase overnight

IMG-20200215-150331.jpg

Man of Honour
A tree across the dual carriageway with no lighting near me. Fortunately a lorry with sense stopped on the other side with its hazards on to alert people. Police eventually arrived. The storm has definitely picked up here and seems worse tomorrow.

Man of Honour
OP
Wind hasn't been too bad here so far though might pick up a bit overnight. Rain overnight looks quite heavy though and a lot of the ground is still saturated from the last lot so flooding will likely be bad.

EDIT: Got some pretty big gusts coming in now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
GFS showing some potential for snow though very brief - 21 on the row isn't insignificant but again not seeing conditions that would really support it, the ensembles try to bring in a fair amount over the north parts of Wales and some making it through to Norfolk area. Arpege model being more realistic has some patches over Scotland and some parts of northern Wales/England.

HQinIjx.png

I don't tend to get excited any more unless the air mass above us is getting down to -10 anything else seems marginal in today's climate.

Man of Honour
XC-Weather are showing 1" of snow for tomorrow night and 4" on Saturday for my area,
i'm slowly losing my trust in XC-Weather though as they forcasted snow a few weeks ago and it didnt even rain..

Man of Honour
OP
We've got very heavy snow coming down here (Somerset) but it's just too warm to do anything but turn into water when it gets to the ground.

EDIT: And already stopped :( good 10-15 minutes where it was heavy enough to limit visibility substantially though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its glorious sunshine here! :mad::p

Makes a change from endless rain but thats back again by saturday apparently. Hey ho.

Well at least it'll top the reservoirs up ready for the now annual drought from June to September.

Back
Top Bottom