1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter 2019/2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rroff, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Huskycharllie

Associate

So theres plenty of stories in the newspapers about snow on it's way? What do we think? Wishful thinking, scare mongering or a possibility?

2. moon man

Mobster

yeh i keep getting swipe right feeds about impending snow but it never happens ,just enjoying the lack of gales / strong winds but it wont last i guess

3. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Not seen any news of snow this year apart from the typical Daily Express rubbish every year.

4. robfosters

Caporegime

Daily express weather forecasts

December - We’re all gonna freeze to death

June - We’re all gonna burn to death

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

Nothing in the models but mild and very mild with occasional cooler snaps - all the ingredients are there but the cold is firmly staying bottled up over the Arctic for now - even Norway, etc. isn't getting it like they normally would. Quite frustrating.

6. robfosters

Caporegime

Can I ask why you genuinely want a freezing, snow blanketing winter please?

7. Rroff

Man of Honour

Not a whole winter but a couple of days of proper snow to break up the monotony.

8. moon man

Mobster

couple of proper days of snow is ok ,i was one of those on the a30 last year coming back from work when it ground to a halt for a day or so .luckily i turned off and gambled on the back roads through camelford , nice to have a forced day off work

9. 200sols

Mobster

Its so mild this year. Hardly winter. Bring on the white stuff!

10. DXP55

Mobster

I wish the snow would hurry up -my winter tyres are wearing out on the dry roads. - They have been on a week already

11. darael

Mobster

Indeed. Right now it feels more like an early spring.

12. Rroff

Man of Honour

Almost nothing on the charts at the moment to indicate anything wintery coming - just some stray runs that wander into very cold territory but have little support.

On a related note had an old boy come by work today who was absolutely adamant in the strongest sense that the snow this winter, which he reckoned would be more than we'd seen in awhile, would be around Easter or just a little before and that we'd see nothing but rain and foggy days until then heh.

13. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Rubbish winter so far, mild, wet and windy meh. Was actually out in the shed clearing some bits away wearing shorts and a thin jumper today, barmy for mid January. Cant see us getting anything white this year, boring indeed.

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

I'm not writing it off until its over - despite very little promise for cold showing on the model outputs it wouldn't take much to change for things to be very different - there is a lot of cold out there it is just very bottled up over the arctic right now.

If we do get anything doesn't look like it is going to be Jan though (there isn't even any significant cold to the East of us as there usually would be).

15. UTmaniac

Soldato

Bit breezy in SO18 yesterday and later today looks to worse, a good day for cyclopaths to look for Strava segments heading NNE. ;)

16. DXP55

Mobster

Years ago I took the caravan down to Stow on the Wold at Easter and took my shotgun - Sunday I was shooting clays in a blizzard.

17. V_R

Sgarrista

Howling wind and some very heavy rain down here in the south east this evening.

18. Rroff

Man of Honour

Interesting latest model outputs are pushing some cold air that initially was projected to spill out solely into Eastern Europe somewhat our way around the 26th/27th - looks like a brief but relatively intense one if it comes off.

EDIT: Also the old SSW rearing its head again around the end of the month but won't hold my breath on that one.

19. Funky-Melon

Hitman

It's been rubbish so far, not even that cold outside.

Hope we get some snow at some point :(

20. BriT

Mobster

Yeah so mild this month +3c above average.