1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil79, 1 Sep 2021.

?

What will we see this winter?

1. Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

54 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. Drizzle and wind

197 vote(s)
    62.9%
  3. Hurricane Pancakes

56 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Highest xxxx since records began

64 vote(s)
    20.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. uber soldat

Mobster

If we get a single flake of snow the media will instantly describe it as "The Beast from the East"

2. Jean-F

Mobster

Also the tabloids will scream, MORE ON WAY!!!!, and zero will materialise.

3. Feek

Commissario

I'm still in shorts.

4. dLockers

Sgarrista

Who comes up with these tags? They are glorious.

5. Jay85

Sgarrista

Weather is freaking me out, yesterday was warm nice and felt like i could go out in shorts and t-shirt. Today im out in full puffer jacket, double layered with thermals! WTF!

6. GR63

Wise Guy

what rain? Only seems to rain at night for me when I WANT to sleep

7. 200sols

Sgarrista

Are you sleeping outside?

8. cheesefest

Wise Guy

It’s the same for me too. Doesn’t matter which direction the rain is falling it always hits my window. It was the same at my parents’ old home. Even though the direction of the windows of both bedrooms were different (SW and East)

9. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

I don't know if this will be a bad winter but I am begining to suspect it may be. Yesterday was 13.5 degrees C here and it was quite pleasant outside that started changing around mid afternoon when the temperature started dropping like a stone. By 21.00 last night it was 3.5 degrees and has more or less stayed there. Right now it's 3.4 degrees and snow is falling on the hills around us. It's really bitter outside and the snow is very early this year. Normally we get our first snow around 12th November. Looking at my weather station records, the last time there was snow this early was 2009 and that was a very bad winter (winter 2009/2010), the worst I have ever experienced in the UK. In february 2010 we had temperatures down to -28 degrees C at night and -18 degrees C during the day, 4 feet of snow with a very thick and hard layer of ice under it. We had so much snow that we were running out of places to put it when clearing the paths and road because of heavy fresh snowfall. The only other time I have experienced anything like that was the two winters I spent in the Falklands on top of a mountain.

As for rain, I actually like the sound of rain and find it relaxing. I quite often sit with the window open when it's raining hard to watch and listen to the rain. Yeah, I know, weirdo but it relaxes me. If we get flooded up here (442 feet ASL) then we have bigger things to worry about.

10. robfosters

Caporegime

I find the sound of rain very relaxing too. Helps me drift off at night.

11. VaderDSL

Capodecina

This is the first time I’ve ran all season tyres, so therefore it’ll be a mild snow free winter :)

12. Jay85

Sgarrista

Same, love it when it rains.. actually helps me sleep better.

13. TonyTurbo78

Capodecina

Rain and wind is the perfect "put me to sleep" tonic going. I love it in when I'm in bed trying to sleep. cosy cosy

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

Dilemma for me - I've currently got my truck on touring tyres - if I go to the expense and effort of changing for all season guarantee it'll be the mildest winter on record, if I don't it will probably be the wintriest we've had in decades...

15. V F

Capodecina

The country falls apart over 1cm of snow.

16. dLockers

Sgarrista

Because it only occasionally snows here. Why/how could we prepare any better for such a rare occurrence? :confused:

17. Luckystrike123

Hitman

I'm hoping for some piled high, as I do each winter.

I don't hold much hope though of the BBC/met office being able to forecast it accurately though!

18. Huskycharllie

Associate

You cant beat a good thunder storm rumbling in the distance to get off to sleep, for which I have not seen/heard any this year (very dissapponting) To be fair I would take a thunderstorm over the top of the house rather than my partners snoring! I am also one of the ones praying for snow that is thick and consistent this year. may finally get to use the pick up properly!

19. Malevolence

Capodecina

First Winter in a long, long time where I'm sans car, so I'm hoping for 6' of snow at least.

20. Jean-F

Mobster

Can’t tell if serious, we can suffer thick snow, just so you can drive a pick up in it?
    I don’t know if you’re selfish, or just insane.

What are you, a polar bear?
    Take a flight to Anchorage, then a train to Fairbanks, enough there to keep a snow lover happy.