Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I feel like they should have spent less time on Cersei's walk and more time on the battle for Winterfell. The battle getting 5 seconds of armies charging each other, cut to black then everyone dead was really disappointing.

Caporegime
Strangely I wasn't up at 2am in the morning... and had to work...

Anyway, transpires the SPOILER tag does sod all to emails going out.

So all the stuff people were carefully hiding away pours out into emails :rolleyes:

So the ending of episode was ruined for me. :mad:

As you are subscribed you will know full well that it airs at 2am and people start talking about it from then.

You know how i don't let this thread ruin it for me. I don't subscribe to it and i don't open the thread until u have watched the latest episodes!

Last edited:
Soldato
You can actually see the poor attempt at cgi'ing on her head to the body doubles (plural:more than one body double judging by the different boob shapes I saw).

Dragon cgi was really good today though!

edit:
double-cersei.png

TBH, I didn't even notice... So clearly it was good enough for some of us. Maybe I wasn't looking so carefully complete with pause and rewind? :p

Soldato
As you are subscribed you will know full well that it airs at 2am and people start talking about it from then.

You know how i don't let this thread ruin it for me. I don't subscribe to it and i don't open the thread until u have watched the latest episodes!

I don't want to keep going over this ;) (So my last comment on the matter which is really just a forum code issue IMHO)

The problem is simply that I subscribe to this forum (& most forums) using email notifications. It's what I prefer. Anyway, come Sunday and yesterday I was ignoring any/all email notifcations for this thread as I had no intentions of coming into it incase of spoilers.

However, I opened my email client yesterday morning and my subconscious simply scanned the first email of the day. The very first (main) sentence of it had a spoiler for the final moment of the episode. You understand how annoying this was.

Transpires, unbeknownst to me (and I suspect others), SPOILER tags are not cropped/removed for notification emails. In short, on Monday morning anyone getting email notifications was getting loads of spoilers emailed to their inbox :rolleyes:

Seems it's a common/known VBulletin issue that others have commented on too.

So from now on I guess I'll unsubscribe from such threads leading upto finales and the like.

TBH, the forum software should just crop/remove/replace SPOILER text for email notications akin to in the thread itself. ie:-

Code:
Wow! Great episode last night.

Can't believe... ***SPOILER***

Can't be hard! Half a dozen lines of PHP ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought it was a great episode, yes there was a lot to take in which is very different to the usually fairly slow pace but I think that was the whole idea, to catch people off guard.

If nothing else it's done its job to get people salivating for next season :p

Soldato
Thought it was a great episode, yes there was a lot to take in which is very different to the usually fairly slow pace but I think that was the whole idea, to catch people off guard.

If nothing else it's done its job to get people salivating for next season :p

I just don't want it to go the same way as The Walking Dead, nothing much for a whole season then the last episode leaves you on a cliffhanger. It's cheap, I want a good story and cliffhangers throughout, not just in the final episode.

I have come to expect this which is why The Red Wedding and Ned's execution (to pick two) came as a surprise.

Soldato
I just don't want it to go the same way as The Walking Dead, nothing much for a whole season then the last episode leaves you on a cliffhanger. It's cheap, I want a good story and cliffhangers throughout, not just in the final episode.

I have come to expect this which is why The Red Wedding and Ned's execution (to pick two) came as a surprise.

That's a good point actually! It would be more natural and effective with these major plot moments spread out just a bit more through the series.

Soldato
Dunno, made me a bit :/ how they just left us hanging. Yes the end of a season to anything leaves a cliffhanger, but not as bad as this... Way to many cliff hangers. I reckon they will lose viewers now after that **** poor episode.

Soon as John Snow was told his uncle had arrived my Mrs went to bed. Shouted down stairs she is never watching GOT again if he gets killed... Lol we'll see...

Man of Honour

Agreed. It felt extremely rushed in the end.

Soldato
I feel like they should have spent less time on Cersei's walk and more time on the battle for Winterfell. The battle getting 5 seconds of armies charging each other, cut to black then everyone dead was really disappointing.

That was my thinking but I would imagine there are financial reasons the battles cannot be as 'full-on' as they would like. Plus the cgi/body double associated with Cersei's walk was less than perfect and it was somewhat overplayed. Still a cracking end of series finale; actually the last 3 episodes have been very good.

It was a given that at least one possibly more major characters were going to die based on G.R.R.M's previous form. I started reading the books but stopped as I was enjoying the series so much.

It can't be a coincidence that Melisandre has turned up at the very moment Jon has met a sticky end. I'd be gutted if that was the end of his story, plus rather than a story the whole series would almost fall apart into a series of near random events. I expected Stannis to die in some spectacular way so was disappointed there, there is even a question mark as to whether he is dead. Good to see Theon finally resurface.

Warts and all, it's still the best series that's been aired in decades.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I didn't notice it but why CGI a person? I remember the talk about her getting her boobs out for this season last year :p. I am being very blonde (need a coffee), I don't get why they used CGI on her.

Man of Honour
It could be as simple as the actress not being willing to have that much air time naked... Or them wanting to use a younger woman's body (which is a bit of a shame really).

Book spoiler about that scene, though an incredibly minor one:

In the books it's made pretty clear that without all the make up and finery she shows her age much more. You are told that the common folk are thinking something along the lines of "her breasts have sagged with age and she has a bit of a stomach due to having kids". It's all to make the point of her being brought down and losing respect. Obviously the TV did part of this but it didn't go quite as far.

Soldato
I didn't notice it but why CGI a person? I remember the talk about her getting her boobs out for this season last year :p. I am being very blonde (need a coffee), I don't get why they used CGI on her.

LOL.

I think they cgi'd her face onto a body double.(possibly a couple) I think she was not adverse to getting her boobs out (in the dungeon cell) but drew the line at showing her growler to the masses.

Don
That was my thinking but I would imagine there are financial reasons the battles cannot be as 'full-on' as they would like. Plus the cgi/body double associated with Cersei's walk was less than perfect and it was somewhat overplayed. Still a cracking end of series finale; actually the last 3 episodes have been very good.

It was a given that at least one possibly more major characters were going to die based on G.R.R.M's previous form. I started reading the books but stopped as I was enjoying the series so much.

It can't be a coincidence that Melisandre has turned up at the very moment Jon has met a sticky end. I'd be gutted if that was the end of his story, plus rather than a story the whole series would almost fall apart into a series of near random events. I expected Stannis to die in some spectacular way so was disappointed there, there is even a question mark as to whether he is dead. Good to see Theon finally resurface.

Warts and all, it's still the best series that's been aired in decades.

Yeah, none of the major characters ACTUALLY died in that episode - it was just set up so that they could be killed.

Soldato
I think we can consider Jon dead at this point. Whether he is resurrected in some form or another is yet to be seen. Maester Aemon says "Let the boy die, and the man be born" in episode 5 which many thought was related to making tough decisions as Lord Commander. I'm starting to think he knows something we don't and it was foreshadowing this moment.

Caporegime
LOL.

I think they cgi'd her face onto a body double.(possibly a couple) I think she was not adverse to getting her boobs out (in the dungeon cell) but drew the line at showing her growler to the masses.

In for a penny, in for a pound. Surely they could have simply done some nifty camera work, well placed covers and flesh coloured pants? As I said I didn't notice, which is odd as I normally do, but I do detest unnecessary use of CGI.

Soldato
I'm guessing one of the below will happen regarding the end of season cliff hanger.

1. He is dead.
No coming back, nothing. While this would seem an odd choice considering the huge build up around the character & us having not found out for certain his lineage, G.R.R may have gone this route as nobody is really expecting it.

2. He will be reborn as a white walker & lead the fight against the living.
This would fit into the 'Fire & Ice' with either Daenerys as fire (or even potentially Tyrion, as he may be the mad kings son) & Jon Snow as 'Ice' - Jon & Tyrion would fit as they would then both be '*******'

3. Jon will return as a walker, but one similar to the person who may be Benjen Stark, the walker who helped Bran & Rickon & Hodor. This time will fight against the white walkers.
This is the mid-way option, he doesn't die - but remains good (but cursed).

4. Lady Melisandre will bring him back.
This seems too predictable, but is another possibility due to showing that the fire god can bring people back from the dead. While this would be the 'fan favourite' I can't see this happening for exactly this reason.

None of these will happen next season, but it's likely the next season will focus on characters missed this one (so, we have the two Stark Boys, the Grey-joys & a few others currently unseen characters from the books)

Back
Top Bottom