Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Things that seem important in the first book aren't always as big as you think. Remember it was planned as a trilogy at the writing of the first book. The tone and scope change a lot as the books go on. I personally think the books lose some of the magic of the much tighter narrative the first book has. It seems to get a bit 'lost'.

Associate
Finally binged all of it. Some thoughts:

- HOW COULD THEY KILL SHEREEN?!?!
- Sansa had it bloomin tough. Wolf killed, Dad killed, threatened with lots, beaten then saved, then saviour gets arrowed, Brother dies, led to believe others are dead, Mother dies, Aunt dies, sold to Bolton, Raped, beaten.
- I could happily watch a spinoff show where Bronn and Clegane team up to fight crime.
- Joffrey was a nutter. Tommen was a softer nutter and frustrated me more.
- Margery was stunning.
- Daario was cool and I hope he shows up somewhere.
- That white walker fight was good fun.
- HOLD THE DOOR. HOL THE DOR. HOL DOR. HODOR.
- I quite like the Pod Brienne duo.
- Theon on for the redemption arc.
- Suprised Rickon died and Osha.
- LOL at Jojen. Stabbed by a white walker. Might come back? Nope - throat slit by his sister. White walker maybe? Nope - molytov cocktailed by a little tree girl.
- Final thought - It's got ridiculous but it's great fun. It's gone from being a medievel style period drama to Lord of the Rings and World War Z's ******* love child.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally binged all of it. Some thoughts:

- HOW COULD THEY KILL SHEREEN?!?!
- Sansa had it bloomin tough. Wolf killed, Dad killed, threatened with lots, beaten then saved, then saviour gets arrowed, Brother dies, led to believe others are dead, Mother dies, Aunt dies, sold to Bolton, Raped, beaten.
- I could happily watch a spinoff show where Bronn and Clegane team up to fight crime.
- Joffrey was a nutter. Tommen was a softer nutter and frustrated me more.
- Margery was stunning.
- Daario was cool and I hope he shows up somewhere.
- That white walker fight was good fun.
- HOLD THE DOOR. HOL THE DOR. HOL DOR. HODOR.
- I quite like the Pod Brienne duo.
- Theon on for the redemption arc.
- Suprised Rickon died and Osha.
- LOL at Jojen. Stabbed by a white walker. Might come back? Nope - throat slit by his sister. White walker maybe? Nope - molytov cocktailed by a little tree girl.
- Final thought - It's got ridiculous but it's great fun. It's gone from being a medievel style period drama to Lord of the Rings and Day Z's ******* love child.

Excellent review, would read again. 10/10 :D

Soldato
Got very confused at the end of episode 10. Varys is in dorne with the ladies then back on a ship with Danyris. What was that all about?

Caporegime
Got very confused at the end of episode 10. Varys is in dorne with the ladies then back on a ship with Danyris. What was that all about?

There was a meme floating round on Facebook at the time that said "How long does it take to sail to Dorne? It Varys."

Time is hard to follow when the narrative dots around so much. It's less of an issue in the books, mainly because you get entire chapters recounting long boring journeys.

Caporegime

he traveled to Dorne and back... it isn't like there is a constant passing of time between each scene or episode for that matter

Soldato
I was annoyed with myself that I didn't take the Google Play offer on GoT before the last season started. Especially after, when I decided I would watch all 6 seasons in the run up to S7.

I log in to the Play store today and it tells me 'One time offer, 50% of a TV season of my choice' and Seasons 1-6 were listed as a package. HD is £99.99, so I got them for £49.99.

I know some prefer physical media, but not me, I prefer cloud so I'm very happy Thought I'd mention as maybe others might like it to.

Man of Honour
I can't imagine every buying physical media again. Such a faff once you are used to streaming. I just wish you could be more assured of multi-platform rights and so on.

Soldato
Ah didn't realise - I thought this was the trailer HBO ran during the season finale of Westworld the other night.

Maybe it contains clips from that mixed with other bits?

Back
Top Bottom