Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I wonder if Cersei breathing cold means that Cersei will in some way team up with the Whitewalkers (after all, she will do anything to "win") and it will be the White Walkers + Cersei vs Snow + Khaleesi

may turn out that way, but I would just assume it means winter has come as far south as kingslanding, and we are seeing the 'game of thrones' still in play, with four people in a throne taking position currently, Fire, Snow, Madness, Ice. :)

Caporegime
I wonder if Cersei breathing cold means that Cersei will in some way team up with the Whitewalkers (after all, she will do anything to "win") and it will be the White Walkers + Cersei vs Snow + Khaleesi

even if that were to happen eventually I think you're reading too much into that clip - too early for any white walker alliance (if at all), she's breathing like that because winter has arrived

Man of Honour
My wild theory.

I think Mad King Aerys Targarian is somehow linked to the king of the white walkers. Having re-watched the most recent series there is some foreshadowing towards this - most notably when Bran has dreams of Aerys saying "burn them all" together with visions of the white walkers and the king. Also, Davos refers to the king of the white walkers as 'the mad king'.

It would explain how the white walkers have only just started kicking off after thousands of years of absence as it's tied into Aerys death.

Also this would go some way to explaining why there is an ice dragon.

Chances of being correct - low to very low :D

Caporegime
My wild theory.

I think Mad King Aerys Targarian is somehow linked to the king of the white walkers. Having re-watched the most recent series there is some foreshadowing towards this - most notably when Bran has dreams of Aerys saying "burn them all" together with visions of the white walkers and the king. Also, Davos refers to the king of the white walkers as 'the mad king'.

It would explain how the white walkers have only just started kicking off after thousands of years of absence as it's tied into Aerys death.

Also this would go some way to explaining why there is an ice dragon.

Chances of being correct - low to very low :D

I think there is a link but it isn't a direct one - this is one hypothesis that I think is quite likely:

The three eyed raven Bran took over from was a Targaryen as was the Mad King. He was very cautious about Bran spending too long in the past when they have their visions... and we also see that when Bran shouts out to the young Ned Stark at the Tower he turns around... we've also seen an interaction with Bran and young Holdor - so we know there can be some interaction via these visions... but the three eyed raven is very concerned about Bran wanting to spend too much time in any vision etc..

now the three eyed raven knows about the white walkers - it seems he could have tried to warn the 'Mad King' and in doing so his warnings, which could have been heard as whispers, actually drove the mad king mad in the first place. (he was mad after all because he heard voices/whispers). The 'burn them all' thing could have come from warnings about about what to do with the White Walkers and their army.

Man of Honour
To think this time last year S6 was already showing :( The wait is so long.

Regarding the above..

It does seem that Bran and the Mad King's whispers are related. Especially given the Hodor situation and we know Bran can influence the past from the future. I just hope they don't go too convoluted with it all. A little mystery and exploration is nice, but full on timey wimey stuff just really takes away from the story.

Man of Honour
I think there is a link but it isn't a direct one - this is one hypothesis that I think is quite likely:

The three eyed raven Bran took over from was a Targaryen as was the Mad King. He was very cautious about Bran spending too long in the past when they have their visions... and we also see that when Bran shouts out to the young Ned Stark at the Tower he turns around... we've also seen an interaction with Bran and young Holdor - so we know there can be some interaction via these visions... but the three eyed raven is very concerned about Bran wanting to spend too much time in any vision etc..

now the three eyed raven knows about the white walkers - it seems he could have tried to warn the 'Mad King' and in doing so his warnings, which could have been heard as whispers, actually drove the mad king mad in the first place. (he was mad after all because he heard voices/whispers). The 'burn them all' thing could have come from warnings about about what to do with the White Walkers and their army.
Interesting - yes something along these lines perhaps :)

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Don't give in to hype. It's late, it's short and by their own admission they are going to rush the story like crazy. And they have the poorest excuses in the industry for all three. Let's hope it doesn't end with a million dollar shot of a main character dying in a bamboo forest with a direwolf by his side. (iunderstoodthereference.gif high five)

Caporegime
Don't give in to hype. It's late, it's short and by their own admission they are going to rush the story like crazy. And they have the poorest excuses in the industry for all three. Let's hope it doesn't end with a million dollar shot of a main character dying in a bamboo forest with a direwolf by his side. (iunderstoodthereference.gif high five)

What excuses? This was planned - they were either going to do two short seasons or one long one... why so salty about it?

Back
Top Bottom