Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
There's something in one of the Discworld novels or something from Pratchett about how our "magic" is more interesting than "real" magic magic. Like when a magician saws a woman in half there's something tricky about it and it's clever and you can learn the secret and be amazed at the ingenuity of it. But real magic is just... magic. It just is. There's nothing to explain. I guess that's not enough for some people.

Soldato
I read an article that mentions it's a parable of what Ned said to Arya in the first series - he basically said she would be a noblewoman, all prim and proper one day, and she replied "that's not me", meaning that just wasn't who she was. When Aria said that about Nymeria it was perhaps meant in the same way. Nymeria was different and was her own wolf, not just Aryas pet.

I'm sure she'll be back too, probably in her own time and place to save Arya or others.

Yea, i think Nymeria will shadow Aria, Nymeria will be a better bodyguard if she's in the shadows.

Soldato
Another solid episode. One thing I'm fed up with is how many UK media outlets seem to think it's acceptable to release spoilers after the 2am showing. Realistically a tiny portion of the GoT fanbase will have seen it at that time. It's got to the stage where it's not even the obvious sites that have spoilers, they are popping up all over the place. I now can't visit the websites of any newspaper, tech or gaming site until after the Monday evening; even places like GQ, Esquire, etc are reporting heavily on it.

Soldato
The grey scale cure seems a bit daft. The cure is just cutting the grey scale off? Why didn't anyone do this sooner?

Somebody did, hence why it was in a book. Sam also mentions an ointment.

Nobody attempts to treat it in adults because there's a high risk of contamination, leading to the death of the physician. I'd wager that the vast majority of Maesters in the citadel would consider their own lives too precious to risk. The show has been labouring that point quite heavily.

Soldato
Another solid episode. One thing I'm fed up with is how many UK media outlets seem to think it's acceptable to release spoilers after the 2am showing. Realistically a tiny portion of the GoT fanbase will have seen it at that time. It's got to the stage where it's not even the obvious sites that have spoilers, they are popping up all over the place. I now can't visit the websites of any newspaper, tech or gaming site until after the Monday evening; even places like GQ, Esquire, etc are reporting heavily on it.
Second week in and I totally agree with you. I work a Mon-Fri, daytime job like a vast majority of the population. So I literally just finished watching it. Why are papers like the Independent putting spoilerific headlines and captions about the place on Monday morning? :mad:

I thought ep2 was good. Nathalie Emmanuel... Oh yesh :D

Soldato
Curious thought; the Unsullied are meant to be heading to Casterly Rock by boat. Either they were part of the wrecked fleet, or for some odd reason, they sailed in the same direction, at the same time, as two separate fleets.

Soldato
I read an article that mentions it's a parable of what Ned said to Arya in the first series - he basically said she would be a noblewoman, all prim and proper one day, and she replied "that's not me", meaning that just wasn't who she was. When Aria said that about Nymeria it was perhaps meant in the same way. Nymeria was different and was her own wolf, not just Aryas pet.

I'm sure she'll be back too, probably in her own time and place to save Arya or others.

I took it to mean that Arya is no longer Arya Stark, she is no one. The wolf knows it, Arya simply needed reminding of it.
The wolf was reminded of a girl who once owned her, her master, but this was not she. This was a memory of that girl.

Soldato
Curious thought; the Unsullied are meant to be heading to Casterly Rock by boat. Either they were part of the wrecked fleet, or for some odd reason, they sailed in the same direction, at the same time, as two separate fleets.

Aye we are to assume two fleets, separated in time and space. One going empty to Dorne, just happening to carry all the Dornish leaders, including that loved sandsnake who was hung by her own whip at the end. Ring the bell. Shame shame shame.

Soldato
Still, it's definitely not the last we'll see of Nymeria, otherwise there's no point of reintroducing her. Chekhov's gun if you will.

I think your right but they do like a good tease . I mean where on earth is gendry who iirc is as much an heir to the throne as anyone else ?

Caporegime
I thought Grey Worm said they were leaving 'tomorrow' which would perhaps see them leave a little later? Maybe one of them pulls Reek out of the water?

Or maybe we finally find Gendry!

he'll have been rowing that ****ing boat around in circles all this time then randomly bumps into Theon :D

Man of Honour
I took it to mean that Arya is no longer Arya Stark, she is no one. The wolf knows it, Arya simply needed reminding of it.
The wolf was reminded of a girl who once owned her, her master, but this was not she. This was a memory of that girl.

I think there was also a slightly more ominous note to it - it wasn't just the wolf that she reacted to but her own momentary emotional state when the wolf turned away from her - those feelings were (the old) Arya Stark.

Soldato
I think the fleet was enroute to Dorn when it was trashed. It's not clear.

I got that, more I meant leadership is gone (strange they had no bodyguards mind) and the fleet ferrying the army up is gone which effectively removes them from the equation now.

Can see Euron being a liability for her at some point being so wild.

Caporegime

That's what I initially though when watching it to, but not sure why that would stop a Wolfpack feeding. Could be either tbh, although I just feel like we are reading too much into Arya acting Arya rather than still being her.

Caporegime
I got that, more I meant leadership is gone (strange they had no bodyguards mind) and the fleet ferrying the army up is gone which effectively removes them from the equation now.

Can see Euron being a liability for her at some point being so wild.

And how big is Dragonstone? Doesn't that small island currently have about 30,000 people living on it!?

Soldato
Explanation from D&D on the "That's not you" line from Arya to Nymeria:

“‘That’s not you’ is a direct reference to what Arya herself said to her father ["That's not me"] when her father painted this picture for her as a lady of a castle and marrying some lord and wearing some frilly dress.

“Arya’s not domesticated and it makes total sense her wolf wouldn’t be either. Once the wolf walks away, at first she’s heartbroken to have come this close. Then she realises the wolf is doing exactly what she would do if she were that wolf.”

Soldato
Somebody did, hence why it was in a book. Sam also mentions an ointment.

Nobody attempts to treat it in adults because there's a high risk of contamination, leading to the death of the physician. I'd wager that the vast majority of Maesters in the citadel would consider their own lives too precious to risk. The show has been labouring that point quite heavily.

Not to mention the fact he also needs to ingest dragon glass too, as per the cure seen in the pages of the 'forbidden' tome that Sam half-inched in ep.1.

Back
Top Bottom