Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
The white walkers haven't went south for 6 seasons because they were waiting for winter to come and for it to spread south. So they've gathered their forces, roaming about and killing everyone north of the wall. Then they needed a way through the wall, hence getting the dragon. Assuming it retains its fire breathing abilities that is, I think it will.

Man of Honour
Fire didn't do anything against the wight bear. Only when it was jabbed with dragonglass did it die instantly. Fire probably only good against lesser wights.

Besides, it's magic yo. Ain't gotta explain nothin.

Soldato
I think Bran physically riding the ice dragon is out though maybe could warg in to it. Maybe the wall will come down for the WW to get through with eventually Bran warging in to the ice dragon and using its ice breath to rebuild that section of wall. Thus Bran will become Bran the builder but with no time travelling connection to the historical Bran the builder.

Soldato
Maybe Bran will Worg a living Dragon to get it to kill it's Brother or Sister Undead Dragon with Fire, rather than all this undead Dragon nonsense just worg a living one!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Well he was given plans to build a disabled / accessibility saddle for a horse, so it's not inconceivable that he couldn't just adapt it for a dragon.

Also, he be magic.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The inconveniently lame possibility that GoT is all about Bran and he's basically omnipresent, everlasting time warg and as such he can see what various rulers, including Denerys or the human wars will become, and therefore occasionally provides "(counter)balance to the force" warging into dead bodies and rising army of dead. It would be a terrible and cheap twist, but in the same time it fits the bill - Bran is already being presented to us as cold, distant, "I'll do what needs to be done" character, he's being kept alive while already irrelevant, yet absent from the first line of plots (classic sign that he will play an important part and writers want you to discard his character from memory for better "didn't expect that" effect) and then it explains why Night King always knows when Bran is following him and why NK didn't javelin the Magnificent 7 (clearly within his abilities) there and then and waited for better pay off etc.

I don't like it, but I can totally see it happening.

Man of Honour
I was skeptical when they started adding time travel and past-altering to the story. If it ends up as Bran as the NK then I'll be disappointed. It's just so convoluted. Having the NK as a randomer greenseer from the first men just makes sense.

Soldato
I was skeptical when they started adding time travel and past-altering to the story. If it ends up as Bran as the NK then I'll be disappointed. It's just so convoluted. Having the NK as a randomer greenseer from the first men just makes sense.

I agree.
I think the time travel silliness is in part so they could shoehorn the Tower of Joy sequence in.

I find the idea of Bran somehow being the NK frankly absurd, as ridiculous as the notion that longclaw is 'alive'.

Back
Top Bottom