Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Binge watched season 7 yesterday and it was overall awesome. Particularly the dragons. I don't want to post too much as there are so many spoilers. Downsides were lack of action in the last episode, thought some main characters should have died to make things more realistic and not enough boobage. Have to wait a year now for more. :(:p

EDIT - Just remembered the worst thing about season 7 - Sheeran. Why, God? WHY!!?

Last edited:
Soldato
We all know it's blue because the giant gaping hole in its chest allows for a more complete combustion :p.

Yerrrrr but... that would create a very localised flame since the fuel is quickly getting enough oxygen to burn well (and thus be blue).

Not to mention a good fuel air mix would be basically a gas spray and you'd be unable to project it flamethrower style which squirts a jet of liquid fuel.

Gonna have to file under "magic" :(

Soldato
Watching from Season 1 again and it's amazing how many things mentioned way back then still come up in later seasons, like Jaime and Jory (Ned Stark's 1st Man) talking about Thoros and his flaming sword at the siege of Pike which then gets mentioned a few times through-out the show.

Soldato
I wasn't sure if the white walker Dragon would be an "Ice dragon" or not but when I saw it's breath I didn't instantly think it was blue fire. To me it was an Icey energy blast that has a destructive weight behind it which cut into the wall. Like a Godzilla blast.

Do most people think that if the dragon went to Winterfell and breathed on the buildings they would all set on fire and burn with a blue flame? To me I think it would just knock the walls down and be destructive.

Will have to watch the end of the episode again and look more closely what happened.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yerrrrr but... that would create a very localised flame since the fuel is quickly getting enough oxygen to burn well (and thus be blue).

I rewatched it to check and you can clearly see the Night King has a bag of copper filings and is constantly throwing them into the path of the flame which, as any 6th form chemistry student will tell you, burns blue when burnt. Game of Thrones heavily grounded it scientific fact, no magic necessary.

Soldato
I rewatched it to check and you can clearly see the Night King has a bag of copper filings and is constantly throwing them into the path of the flame which, as any 6th form chemistry student will tell you, burns blue when burnt. Game of Thrones heavily grounded it scientific fact, no magic necessary.

You wait until he breaks out the caesium and jug of water trick during the siege of King Landing next season, always a crowd pleasure. I've got to say he's going to look very strange in safety goggles though.

Soldato

hmm, more green surely? unless its magic copper, yes, thats it.

Soldato
In other news, Ser Bastian Gorka has been recruited into the Night King's army, following his ousting from the House of Black and White, or "Black and White House" if you will. When asked what he thought of the now ex-corpse scrubber after his sacking, House representative Jaqen Ha'ar was quoted as saying "Gorka? He was no one......... no really, a no one. A complete nobody. Do you know who he was, cos I don't. What did he even do? I noticed he didn't like scrubbing the non-white corpses though, so I had my suspicions. I'm not sure he fully understands the term wight supremacy to be honest. He had to go really."

Soldato

Not to mention a good fuel air mix would be basically a gas spray and you'd be unable to project it flamethrower style which squirts a jet of liquid fuel.

Gonna have to file under "magic" :(

if Rammstein can blast a 25-foot fire jet across a stage i'm sure a massive dragon would be able to project a decent blast.

Soldato
I wasn't sure if the white walker Dragon would be an "Ice dragon" or not but when I saw it's breath I didn't instantly think it was blue fire. To me it was an Icey energy blast that has a destructive weight behind it which cut into the wall. Like a Godzilla blast.

Do most people think that if the dragon went to Winterfell and breathed on the buildings they would all set on fire and burn with a blue flame? To me I think it would just knock the walls down and be destructive.

Will have to watch the end of the episode again and look more closely what happened.
Yeah to me it was almost like a cutting torch flame

Back
Top Bottom