Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
Haven't read the books or took much notice to the background of all of this, how come this is the shows last season if there are still 2 books to come?

The show has since overtaken the books. The author has given the creators of the show specific story beats to hit (or not, as the case may be) to give them a vague idea as to where the story is heading.

Soldato
There is a noticeable drop in story and writing quality at the point where the series overtook the books.

While the last few seasons haven't been poor on spectacle, there have been gaping plothole and continuity issues which werent there so prominently when it was a fairly direct book adaptation.

Permabanned
^ Agreed.

I'd bet Winds of Winter will come out whilst GRRM is still alive and able, but I wouldn't be surprised if the last book will have to be mostly written by another author working from notes and unfinished stuff from GRRM.

Soldato
There is a noticeable drop in story and writing quality at the point where the series overtook the books.

While the last few seasons haven't been poor on spectacle, there have been gaping plothole and continuity issues which werent there so prominently when it was a fairly direct book adaptation.

Very much so.

There's a point where the show is still with the books but begins to follow it's own story with big differences. From this point the show quality really suffers imo.

I've given up on waiting for the final books tbh as they will never come and I'm not sure I care any more!

Permabanned
Isn’t that a bit selfish?

Not really. As he himself has mentioned many a time, art is not a democracy. I'm with him personally, it's his story driven by his vision. To hand it off to anyone else without his supervision and approval would be a betrayal of the material. He finishes it when he finishes it and if he doesn't he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom