Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
I like the show enough, but I've only been compelled to rewatch the odd single episode and I don't consider it good enough to be ranked among the likes of The Wire, Sopranos, etc.

I'll probably try to have one full rewatch in like 5-10 years and that'll be it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Chucked season 7 on again last night.

I was surprised how much I couldn’t remember tbh. May have to resort to some YouTube catch up videos :o

In some ways it’s given the wife and I something to watch as we’ve just seen the Netflix Attenborough specials and didn’t want to start a new series this close to GoT.

Soldato
600mph is a problem given that the dead reanimate? :D

Sort of, it's the same logic as any other well written fantasy/sci-fi/horror piece. A ruleset is established early on to ensure consistent story telling. We already know a Raven flies at a certain speed, as such, if you subtract the time it would have taken a Raven to reach Dragonstone, she then needs to fly at 600MPH to have reached them in the time shown.

It's the same as the ruleset for the white walkers, we know ordinary weapons generally have no effect but valaryian steel or dragonglass kills them. If suddenly a solider with a regular sword stabs and kills one (not beheads), it's jarring, it makes no sense and it breaks the established rules.

Man of Honour
Sort of, it's the same logic as any other well written fantasy/sci-fi/horror piece. A ruleset is established early on to ensure consistent story telling. We already know a Raven flies at a certain speed, as such, if you subtract the time it would have taken a Raven to reach Dragonstone, she then needs to fly at 600MPH to have reached them in the time shown.

It's the same as the ruleset for the white walkers, we know ordinary weapons generally have no effect but valaryian steel or dragonglass kills them. If suddenly a solider with a regular sword stabs and kills one (not beheads), it's jarring, it makes no sense and it breaks the established rules.

There was a rule set for maximum dragon speed?

Back
Top Bottom