Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Well, not much happened did it! The first episode always seems to be a slow one. Good set up though.

Maybe they will bring back Ned Stark as a white walker :p

Associate
I got up early to watch... I'm so glad i did because there's spoilers everywhere already and its not even 8.30 am!!

I totally agree with the posts above, Its a slow episode but a good set up for whats to come.

Soldato
Seen it already too. I fired up twitter first thing this morning to read up on a stabbing in my local town and some plank has hashtagged GoT into it! Glad I did see it because there are spoilers all over the net. Thought it was a very good episode and seeing them all again was like revisiting an old family.

He's got blue eyes!!!!
...I've ALWAYS HAD BLUE EYES!

Soldato
Seen it already too. I fired up twitter first thing this morning to read up on a stabbing in my local town and some plank has hashtagged GoT into it! Glad I did see it because there are spoilers all over the net. Thought it was a very good episode and seeing them all again was like revisiting an old family.

He's got blue eyes!!!!
...I've ALWAYS HAD BLUE EYES!

That and the
What do dragons eat anyway?
Anything they like

Just how dryly Dany said it made my smile

Agree with most here but most of the recent seasons of GoT have been slow to begin with while they get everything in place. I think for this season even more so as you know the last episodes is where everything is going to kick off.

Associate
A nice re-introduction to everyone and reunions! Liked he little bit of horror thrown in there:
The white walkers are always at their scariest when it's children that have been turned.

Was a bit meta with Cersei complaining that there's no:
Elephants - show runners letting us know early it's not going to happen!

Also still waiting Ghost reappearance, really want to see his interaction with the Dragons.
Speaking of, Drogon not a fan of pda ;)

Associate
Just seen it. Am a little confused about:

Where are the nights watch and Beric etc? Did Beric and Tormund go off on their own at the end of Season 7, haven't re-watched it yet so can't remember

Did enjoy it all though, seeing certain charactors reunite was excellent especially:

Tyrion and Sansa.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just seen it. Am a little confused about:

Where are the nights watch and Beric etc? Did Beric and Tormund go off on their own at the end of Season 7, haven't re-watched it yet so can't remember

Did enjoy it all though, seeing certain charactors reunite was excellent especially:

Tyrion and Sansa.

Pulled this from the web for you.

Tormund and Beric survive Viserion’s assault of the Wall (although we kind of knew that already). The duo, plus the rest of the Eastwatch survivors, make their way through an abandoned creepy castle that's so poorly lit the audience can barely see them run into Dolorous Edd (we missed you, Edd) and what remains of the Night’s Watch.

The Night King has been to this castle before, marched south toward Winterfell and left a present for the survivors: the Umber boy (told you he’d come back), dead and nailed to the wall at the center of one of the White Walker’s infamous spirals.

Soldato
It was a great episode to kick things off...really getting all pieces in place for the lengthy episodes to come.

I reckon that the second episode will be pretty similar to close out some of those loops and build it all up with l the final 4 will being all out madness!

Soldato
Do these appear on NowTV after they broadcast, or is there a delay before a series drops?

I've never watched any GoT, but my wife is suggesting she'd like to. Not currently signed up to NowTV but might do so, temporarily at least, to catch up.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Do these appear on NowTV after they broadcast, or is there a delay before a series drops?

I've never watched any GoT, but my wife is suggesting she'd like to. Not currently signed up to NowTV but might do so, temporarily at least, to catch up.

They are available on demand on NowTV I think as soon as it's done airing at 2am. I watched on on catch up at 6am this morning.

Soldato
Slow episode but still good a few moments gave me the chills.

Bran just in the background of sooo many of the scenes had me cracking up.

I do feel like id rather have seen Jamie meeting the starks in this episode than the Umber stuff, i feel that would have made a better first scene in episode 2

Soldato

Episode Run times
  • Episode 1: 54 minutes
  • Episode 2: 58 minutes
  • Episode 3: 60 minutes
  • Episode 4: 78 minutes
  • Episode 5: 80 minutes
  • Episode 6: 80 minutes
The first episode is also the only one without an ‘Adult Content’ warning — the calm before the storm, perhaps?

Soldato
Episode Run times
  • Episode 1: 54 minutes
  • Episode 2: 58 minutes
  • Episode 3: 60 minutes
  • Episode 4: 78 minutes
  • Episode 5: 80 minutes
  • Episode 6: 80 minutes
The first episode is also the only one without an ‘Adult Content’ warning — the calm before the storm, perhaps?

It'll be a bit of light drizzle in the next episode :p

Episode 3 is also an 80 minute episode.

Back
Top Bottom