Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Episode 3 fight vs Night King
Episode 4 aftermath of fight building to fight vs Cersei
Episode 5 fight vs Cersei
Episode 6 we see who gets the iron throne and all lose ends of the story are concluded

At least that's how I expect it will go

Soldato
I'm expecting a jarring time jump either for the entirety of the final episode or the last 20 minutes or so.

As for episode 3, isn't it the one that's going to literally be a battle from the opening to closing credits?

Soldato
Episode 6 we see who gets the iron throne and all lose ends of the story are concluded

God i hope not. The entire series is built on the premise that the WWs will come and kill everything. Destroying the WWs and leaving Cersei as the final adversary for the last 3 episodes would be a huge letdown.

Caporegime

episode 4 will be retreating to greyjoys islands (iron) after losing 1 of the 2 remaining dragons (the smaller dragon will die by ice dragon)
episode 5 will be cersei taking on dead army and her army fleeing as they are paid mercenarys and this isn't their fight, hopefully end in all the wild fire being blown up taken out the majority of the dead army as a last resort ditch attempt
episode 6 - will be jon riding the remaining largest dragon to defeat the ice dragon and taking the iron throne by defeating the remains of the dead army from the wild fire explosion by lannister forces. something bad will happen which will make bran worg into the past and take control of the night king to reveal he was the night king. most likely sophie turner dying and becoming night queen?

Soldato
I was thinking the last might be wistful Arya arriving in Bravos, being asked by a certain gentleman, who are you, and he looking around and looking back to him and replying 'no-one'.

Tyrion asked Bran to tell him his story, and they sat and talked, i think this may have relevance later as a dwarf who 'knows things'.

Caporegime
Honestly, I think all these theories are ok for long books, but far too convoluted for a mainstream TV show with only four episodes left, one of which we know will just be a battle. Something tells me it’s actually going to be a lot simpler and more straightforward than people are theorising.

Soldato
I agree, I'm re-reading the books now and watching the latest episodes you can see a whole slew of book plot elements that were ditched by the TV show to streamline it. The show has very much run it's own course and simplified many of the story arcs or just ignored them. I do wonder if we will ever see the GRRM story ever told and what would have been different because it would have been a substantially different story.

Soldato
I think the only certainty ATM is, of all the main and supporting cast alive at the end of Ep2, not all of them will be by the end of Ep3. I expect to see at least two or three significant characters bite the big one, if not more.

My money would be on at least one of the two Stark sisters not making it (probably Arya aka the scary girlfriend), there's also scope for "friendly fire" from Daenerys now Jon told her the truth (don't hold out much hope for Samwell surviving). Reckon Brienne could be for the chop too, otherwise why
go to all that trouble showing her being knighted

Biggest plot twist could be, Cersei has actually ridden north
they didn't actually show her at all in ep2
with some misguided idea of allying with the Night King.

Of course, I'm probably completely wrong!

Soldato
I think the only certainty ATM is, of all the main and supporting cast alive at the end of Ep2, not all of them will be by the end of Ep3. I expect to see at least two or three significant characters bite the big one, if not more.

My money would be on at least one of the two Stark sisters not making it (probably Arya aka the scary girlfriend), there's also scope for "friendly fire" from Daenerys now Jon told her the truth (don't hold out much hope for Samwell surviving). Reckon Brienne could be for the chop too, otherwise why
go to all that trouble showing her being knighted

Biggest plot twist could be, Cersei has actually ridden north
they didn't actually show her at all in ep2
with some misguided idea of allying with the Night King.

Of course, I'm probably completely wrong!
Completely agree with you on the first idea you spoilered, it's practically telegraphed.

The second one, not a chance in my opinion.

Soldato
I think the Golden Company have a more interesting role to play than just being an army for house Lanister.

Reading some of the other books - many of the officers and troops are exiled knights of Westeros, and were founded by relatives (distant) of the dragon queen, I wonder if they would support her for a pardon...

Soldato
I really would like to see Bronn and the Hound survive, but they are obviously playing their cards to their chest so it's anyone's money.

I think there is a wiff of Brienne's story ark coming to an end. I can see Jaime killing Daenerys, to protect Jon Snow. He is the king slayer after and killed her father because he was a loon. Not sure but think that Brienne is the only one he's admitted that to? Could be, we have a curve ball with Cersei, maybe she will die in childbirth giving birth to Tyrion II, as did her mother, especially as the kid will be born of insest with Jaime. Gilly will die saving Samwell, I still think he has some part to play.

I suspect Gendry, Beric, Podric, Tormund may well be gone by the end of the episode. Up to now there have been no huge disappointments in the final season, there's always scope to screw it up and leave the fans gutted.

Soldato
Hopefully not going to be a deus ex machina wildfire moment at kings landing and/or everywhere. 3 eyed raven and mad king which may or may not be Bran's final effort once he knows where the NK is aka hodor/hold the door.

The mountain who is already dead/undead and could already be under NK or 3ER control for a dEm outcome.

Worse case is a total world reset, nearly everyone dies. Children of the forest reborn and the whole cycle repeats with a new NK / timey wimey etc etc.

Soldato
I'm thinking sticking all the kids and women in the crypt might not be the brightest idea, when the bloke you're fighting's party trick is raising the dead. I wonder if that is what Arrya is running from?

Back
Top Bottom