Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Wondering if any of the known dead (in the north obv) will make a appearance during the upcoming battle, thinking Stannis, Hodor and Summer, i dont recall anyone going back to burn them.

I liked how the crypt being the safest place for people to be was mentioned in nearly every scene.

Caporegime
was a okay filler episode. wasnt really satisfied with it but its to be expected. they got to draw it out until the fighting commences. i expect a big lets blow it all budget episode.i dont expect many to survive.

Associate
Cersei has royally shafted herself with the Iron Bank....

Season 1 and Tywin was going on about how the crown is 10,000,000 gold in debt. He’s also building them up to be pretty formidable.

In the same season Tyrion tells Bronn that if they didn’t pay, then the bank would end up funding their enemies in one way or another. Enemies we now know to be Dany and/or Jon.

The Iron Bank also know that Dany is hardly going to want to repay 10,000,000 gold if she gets the throne so it’s a catch 22... they’re lending money to the Lannister’s knowing it’s never coming back but they’re keeping them in power.

UNTIL.... Cersei goes and repays the debt in full. Now the Iron Bank has no allegiance to the Lannister’s, Dany can assume the throne without the bank nagging her for a payment they’ll never get.

Cersei would have been better off asking them to fund her until she’s in control of the Seven kingdoms and then repaid. As it stands, I see the bank leaving her high and dry in the near future.

Great video and full explanation here;

Didn't Cersei go and borrow a load more off the Iron Bank though to hire the Golden Company? Or was that funded by other means?

I thought after she had repaid the debt with the highgarden haul she then borrowed a load more? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

Soldato
Didn't Cersei go and borrow a load more off the Iron Bank though to hire the Golden Company? Or was that funded by other means?

I thought after she had repaid the debt with the highgarden haul she then borrowed a load more? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
The lannisters stole all the gold from the tyrells when Jamie went to dispatch the queen of thorns

Soldato
The last episode was almost verging on jumping the shark, especially the drinking around the fire. But god damn I love some of these characters and as a fan you couldn't help loving that you were getting one last fling with them all before many of them likely die.

It is interesting to think about who will sacrifice themselves to save other characters, so many options of how it could play out.

Permabanned
You can't really call it jumping the shark when there are only 4 episodes left. I'd describe the last episode as being 'top quality fan service' and I don't mean that in a bad way at all as often fan service is done in a horribly cheesy and cringey way. Getting episodes like E2 right are actually more difficult that your 'epic battle' episodes and for many people ultimately more satisfying. I reckon if you thought battle of the ******** was 'the best' episode of GOT so far you probably didn't think much to S8s opening.

Associate
The lannisters stole all the gold from the tyrells when Jamie went to dispatch the queen of thorns

Yeah, I know, that's why I said she paid off the iron bank with the haul from highgarden.

My question/thoughts are though from the scenes between Cersei and the guy from the Iron bank is that Cersei repaid the debt with the Iron Bank, in full, from the stolen gold. But in following scenes the iron bank bloke then said that Cersei can count on the Iron Banks support when she was talking about recruiting the Golden Company. I have taken that, maybe wrongly, that the Iron Bank have lent her the money to hire the Golden Company. Therefore the 'crown' is back in debt to the Iron Bank.

Man of Honour
My understanding is exactly yours. He was willing to extend new and significant credit for the war efforts including the golden company because the existing debts were paid in full.

Caporegime
This theory about the NK attacking KL with Viserion. The NK isn’t stupid, far from it, don’t you think he’d realise that without help from the ice dragon, Drogon and Rheagal could decimate his army within hours.

Unless the other WW have those special spears that brought down Viserion.

Man of Honour
This theory about the NK attacking KL with Viserion. The NK isn’t stupid, far from it, don’t you think he’d realise that without help from the ice dragon, Drogon and Rheagal could decimate his army within hours.

Unless the other WW have those special spears that brought down Viserion.

I doubt we’ll see those spears again - or if we do they’ll somehow miss.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Poll added - let’s see who we think will rule Westeros.

Tip- votes are public, so we can see who was right and who was wrong come the end.

You need to vote before you can view the results of the poll and see who voted.

Soldato
By rule we are talking who sits on the throne at the end of the show? :) Only ask because I have a feeling it might end up with Jon in charge (true heir) but allow Dany the throne whilst who does things with a sword instead! :D

Man of Honour
Poll added - let’s see who we think will rule Westeros.

Tip- votes are public, so we can see who was right and who was wrong come the end.

You need to vote before you can view the results of the poll and see who voted.

Option needed for no one ;)

I don’t think there will be a throne.

Soldato
I do feel that they have done a bit of a Lost though, I suspect a lot of fighting and nothing else. They won't clear up any of the loose ends imo.
The faceless thing won't come to anything, the Lord of light won't come to anything, the 3 eyed raven stuff won't either, nor dany able to resist fire etc. All the lore of the show seems wasted.
It almost feels like they RR Martin had a plan for all of these but now it's been **** all over by the TV series.

Last edited:
Associate
I do feel that they have done a bit of a Lost though, I suspect a lot of fighting and nothing else. They won't clear up any of the loose ends imo.
The faceless thing won't come to anything, the Lord of light won't come to anything, the 3 eyed raven stuff won't either, nor dany able to resist fire etc. All the lore of the show seems wasted.
It almost feels like they RR Martin had a plan for all of these but now it's been **** all over by the TV series.

I'm hoping the stuff you've mentioned will be involved in the spin offs. I'd love to see more about the faceless especially if Arya is involved if she comes out of this alive.

Soldato
The faceless thing won't come to anything, the Lord of light won't come to anything, the 3 eyed raven stuff won't either, nor dany able to resist fire etc.
I'm not sure the Faceless men were ever anything other than an exotic assassin's guild set up by Martin to train Arya. Of course I did always wonder how Jaqen Whasshisface managed to be so capable and yet stuck in a wagon with (by GoT standards) petty crims. I always felt, being Bravosi, they might be connected to the Iron Bank in some way, as their enforcers, but I still don't think there's anything there to tie up in the TV series unless Cersei suddenly can't pay her new debts. Maybe in the books, with more time and chapters to play with? It's always possible that Martin's saving a few twists for himself rather than HBO.

The Lord of Light's just a foreign God, and Gods are ten a penny in GoT. Its main parlour trick seems to be resurrection, but Kyburn's already managed something close and the NK can do it with his eyes shut, so the only loose end I see there is the Red Witch coming back to die while making up for making such a mess of things before. Maybe she has one more resurrection left in her... I'd have her resurrect the NK at the end of the final credits, just to be awkward.

The 3 Eyed Raven... well, I've said before that I think Bran's whole plot line is unsatisfying. But he has the potential to be a get out of jail free card and if that's all he is then it'll continue to be unsatisfying.

And Dany can resist normal flames, but is she dragon-proof? Especially ice-dragon-proof? I'm not convinced there will be any dragons left by the end of episode 6, and I don't think she'll survive without them, unless she's pregnant and that's her reason to live? Dunno.

I do know that this Game of Moans is almost more fun than the last two episodes though. I hope we're all proved wrong, and it's not going to go all Lost on us, but even if it does, Game of Thrones is still an incredible body of work that'll stand a lot of rewatching in years to come.

Back
Top Bottom