1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. Azza

Caporegime

I liked how the crypt being the safest place for people to be was mentioned in nearly every scene.

2. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

was a okay filler episode. wasnt really satisfied with it but its to be expected. they got to draw it out until the fighting commences. i expect a big lets blow it all budget episode.i dont expect many to survive.

3. davejh666

Hitman

Didn't Cersei go and borrow a load more off the Iron Bank though to hire the Golden Company? Or was that funded by other means?

I thought after she had repaid the debt with the highgarden haul she then borrowed a load more? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

4. Bigpig

Soldato

We should start a Dead pool!!!

5. krooton

Capodecina

I'm already running one in my office

6. elmuzzy66.

Capodecina

The lannisters stole all the gold from the tyrells when Jamie went to dispatch the queen of thorns

7. MookJong

Sgarrista

The last episode was almost verging on jumping the shark, especially the drinking around the fire. But god damn I love some of these characters and as a fan you couldn't help loving that you were getting one last fling with them all before many of them likely die.

It is interesting to think about who will sacrifice themselves to save other characters, so many options of how it could play out.

8. rubberduck

Mobster

You can't really call it jumping the shark when there are only 4 episodes left. I'd describe the last episode as being 'top quality fan service' and I don't mean that in a bad way at all as often fan service is done in a horribly cheesy and cringey way. Getting episodes like E2 right are actually more difficult that your 'epic battle' episodes and for many people ultimately more satisfying. I reckon if you thought battle of the ******** was 'the best' episode of GOT so far you probably didn't think much to S8s opening.

9. davejh666

Hitman

Yeah, I know, that's why I said she paid off the iron bank with the haul from highgarden.

My question/thoughts are though from the scenes between Cersei and the guy from the Iron bank is that Cersei repaid the debt with the Iron Bank, in full, from the stolen gold. But in following scenes the iron bank bloke then said that Cersei can count on the Iron Banks support when she was talking about recruiting the Golden Company. I have taken that, maybe wrongly, that the Iron Bank have lent her the money to hire the Golden Company. Therefore the 'crown' is back in debt to the Iron Bank.

10. Skidder

Man of Honour

My understanding is exactly yours. He was willing to extend new and significant credit for the war efforts including the golden company because the existing debts were paid in full.

11. robfosters

Caporegime

This theory about the NK attacking KL with Viserion. The NK isn’t stupid, far from it, don’t you think he’d realise that without help from the ice dragon, Drogon and Rheagal could decimate his army within hours.

Unless the other WW have those special spears that brought down Viserion.

12. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

I doubt we’ll see those spears again - or if we do they’ll somehow miss.

13. EVH

Don

Poll added - let’s see who we think will rule Westeros.

Tip- votes are public, so we can see who was right and who was wrong come the end.

You need to vote before you can view the results of the poll and see who voted.

14. Psymonkee

Capodecina

By rule we are talking who sits on the throne at the end of the show? :) Only ask because I have a feeling it might end up with Jon in charge (true heir) but allow Dany the throne whilst who does things with a sword instead! :D

15. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Option needed for no one ;)

I don’t think there will be a throne.

16. robfosters

Caporegime

Pedantic I know, but surely the poll option should be Aegon Targaryen instead of Jon Snow? That’s his real name after all, and what he’ll be known as if he claims the throne.

17. ChroniC

Sgarrista

I do feel that they have done a bit of a Lost though, I suspect a lot of fighting and nothing else. They won't clear up any of the loose ends imo.
    The faceless thing won't come to anything, the Lord of light won't come to anything, the 3 eyed raven stuff won't either, nor dany able to resist fire etc. All the lore of the show seems wasted.
    It almost feels like they RR Martin had a plan for all of these but now it's been **** all over by the TV series.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  18. rubberduck

Mobster

He is still listed as Jon Snow in the credits.

19. Superpatsy

Hitman

I'm hoping the stuff you've mentioned will be involved in the spin offs. I'd love to see more about the faceless especially if Arya is involved if she comes out of this alive.

20. Andrew_McP

Mobster

I'm not sure the Faceless men were ever anything other than an exotic assassin's guild set up by Martin to train Arya. Of course I did always wonder how Jaqen Whasshisface managed to be so capable and yet stuck in a wagon with (by GoT standards) petty crims. I always felt, being Bravosi, they might be connected to the Iron Bank in some way, as their enforcers, but I still don't think there's anything there to tie up in the TV series unless Cersei suddenly can't pay her new debts. Maybe in the books, with more time and chapters to play with? It's always possible that Martin's saving a few twists for himself rather than HBO.

The Lord of Light's just a foreign God, and Gods are ten a penny in GoT. Its main parlour trick seems to be resurrection, but Kyburn's already managed something close and the NK can do it with his eyes shut, so the only loose end I see there is the Red Witch coming back to die while making up for making such a mess of things before. Maybe she has one more resurrection left in her... I'd have her resurrect the NK at the end of the final credits, just to be awkward.

The 3 Eyed Raven... well, I've said before that I think Bran's whole plot line is unsatisfying. But he has the potential to be a get out of jail free card and if that's all he is then it'll continue to be unsatisfying.

And Dany can resist normal flames, but is she dragon-proof? Especially ice-dragon-proof? I'm not convinced there will be any dragons left by the end of episode 6, and I don't think she'll survive without them, unless she's pregnant and that's her reason to live? Dunno.

I do know that this Game of Moans is almost more fun than the last two episodes though. I hope we're all proved wrong, and it's not going to go all Lost on us, but even if it does, Game of Thrones is still an incredible body of work that'll stand a lot of rewatching in years to come.