1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. 413x

Capodecina

John snow has become completely pathetic
    Jamie's story line was building to something amazing then the breane thing and the ending
    Danny .Don't need to say anything in that

I still have more of an issue with the lack of narrative vs cgi
    And I usually love cgi

2. NoobCannon

Mobster

This

3. No1newts

Capodecina

Let's be honest this is not what the books are anymore, it's a show with flashy lights and loud bangs for TV fans.

GRRM isn't the best author but the intricacy, plot and characterisation he did manage has gone out the window to make something flashy for TV zombies.

The drop off in quality is staggering.

4. FrankJH

Capodecina

have to agree, Danny going mad was way too quickly done - and for no real reason either (I mean how she as flying the dragon just at the soldiers to start with - battle was over - and then she flips her lid)
    Arya and the war horse was awful - no ******* way would that horse survived the carnage lol (and it would be difficult enough for Arya to get out of the city with all the bodies and rubble etc - how the **** will a horse manage it lol)

Not 100% sure why Greyworm went psycho either - even given the loss of his great love in the last episode.

Also is it my imagination but it seems as though the dragon can now breathe a huge amount more fire in one burst than it ever could before and over and over again - a little too convenient imo (admittedly a small detail but still)

Even given he was already dead, the Mountain's brother kept going and going far too long imo

5. cm1179

Mobster

where's the pirate gone?! i liked him probably never see him again. the more i think about it, each season previous has been an A/A* this is a C

one episode left all just gone too quickly now this season has been a bit dissapointing though that is partly due to how high a bar it set itself. i'd rather have waited another year and it be done properly over more episodes of normal length

6. SupraWez

Wise Guy

Well that is that then :D

7. 413x

Capodecina

Yeah I forgot to mention greyworm changed instantly too. Didn't think that was a terrible shift but was unusual

Drogon must be powered by a fusion reactor!
    Euron and Jamie scene was dire too

Why couldn't aryla kill cerci (a face off) and John deal with the night King (also terrible episode)

All these character interactions are no longer a thing

8. lee32uk

Underboss

Strange how we didn't see Bronn in this episode. Did he stay up north ? Surely he knew about the impending battle. Also Yara has been strangely absent as well.

9. ZG002

Capodecina

They can **** off if they think I'm going to be watching their spin offs to try and fill some blanks.

Next ep will just be all about the down fall of Dany and Dragon, no wonder they killed her one faithful body guard at winterfell.

Not one nod so far to what the hell the NK was actually upto and I can't see there being time next ep to even mention it.

10. Smokey Deza

Wise Guy

I liked:

Dany's genocide after the bells have been rung.
    Clegane scene.
    Qyburn getting walloped.
    Tyrion/Jamie scene.
    Cersei dying with Jaime. In S1 she said to Ned they would.
    Really cool dragon effects.

I did not like:

Way too many filler shots of destuction and mass panic. Especially bad when the whole place would be scorched earth in minutes!
    Again with the crappy, long drawn out scenes of people running about falling debris and crumbling buildings.
    A million people but took 3 minutes to ring a bloody bell!
    Something something 50 Ballista's. So bad I can't sum it up in one sentence.
    @ZG002 Stupid fight with Euron (oh look I've swam back and bumped into Jamie)

11. Skidder

Man of Honour

I enjoyed it in a way. Spectacular and so on but dross compared to the seasons based on the books. They're going to have to pull off a minor miracle next week to turn this season around. Hopefully at the end of the last episode GRMM will announce he's actually finished the books

12. 413x

Capodecina

Yep
    The night king getting to do absolutely nothing when a quarter is game of thrones was based off it was a travesty
    At end of the episode I thought.. Well maybe they aren't gone.. At least bran must must must do something.
    He's literally done nothing. Can't he at least have a part to play Anything!

13. rubberduck

Mobster

100% agree, people just not happy Jon snow didn't turn out to be Luke Skywalker mixed with Aragorn.

14. neoboy

Capodecina

Think that was a reference to the Mad King, didn't he place Wildfire under just about everything in KL with his paranoia? She went mad too and settings thing on fire so much she started setting it off so they are trying to draw a parallel there. I also thought Cersei might go scorched earth if she was losing but zero refefences to that during the episode.

That or CGI people thought it was pretty and had a little money left over :D

15. Moothead2

Sgarrista

Can we talk about how dumb Sansa's plan to get Jon the throne was? There's no way Dany is going to willingly give the crown to Jon which means there's only one logical Endgame to her plan which is to kill Daenerys. But then what? How do they deal with the thousands, possibly still tens of thousands of Unsullied and Dothraki who probably still outnumber the north. How do they plan on dealing with the ****** off dragon who could burn them all in an instant? How do they then plan on taking the throne from Cersei? You can say Arya but that could have been done anyway and avoided a full blown war in the first place. The pacing of this season has been abysmal.

16. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

I'm not as disappointed as some but one thing I noticed is that with everything that has happened in these episodes, it actually feels like less has happened when thinking back to the earlier seasons

17. ianh

Mobster

There was absolutely zero consequence to being "lethally" stabbed at least twice so why did they even bother filming it like that? Imagine if it was shot this way - He's hurt much worse and barely gets to see Cersi, After dragging/carrying Jamie to the underground pit Jamie says he can't go on any further and tells Cersi to go on without him through the open exits to safety. She can't because she loves him and decides to stay with him as he fades, causing her own death via the falling masonry etc - Now Euron's attack has real consequences in the story.

18. Psycho Ned

Sgarrista

It’s the pacing that is well off for me as well, having watched the other 7 seasons just before this one this season is like GOT Bennie Hill edition!

Like it’s on x30 speed everything happening on one hand but it feels like nothing is happening if you know what I mean. The impact of it just isn’t the same.

19. Jono8

Caporegime

Also, Cersei was at the top of her tower looking out of the window the whole time. Why on earth did Dany never once just go up to the tower and dragon flame it to smithereens. In fact why didn't she do that first?

The whole thing makes no sense. Dragons went from being fragile and easily taken down by spears/ballista to being invincible.

20. Yas786

Caporegime

Exactly my biggest issue with the episode. I mean ffs she killed missandei and instead of going for her, Dany decides **** it I’ll burn the whole place down. Just plain stupid really, good luck to Dany trying to get everyone to accept her as their queen. She just caused a whole genocide of KL lololol.