Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Watched the first 3 episodes last night and it's exactly as I expected. Seems to have been written by a couple of fantasy loving teens in their parents cellar in between games of D&D, the ridiculous battle scenes where wave after wave of the dead keep attacking our now exhausted 'heroes' that just keep getting swatted down is beyond laughable, will finish this but by god me and the missus just keep ridiculing it now rather than enjoying it.

It's a shame really as it started out really good and now seems like the Monty Python team are finishing it of (actually that would be epic), waiting for the ending Cersei wakes up next to Robert having dreamt it all!

Soldato
Watched the first 3 episodes last night and it's exactly as I expected. Seems to have been written by a couple of fantasy loving teens in their parents cellar in between games of D&D, the ridiculous battle scenes where wave after wave of the dead keep attacking our now exhausted 'heroes' that just keep getting swatted down is beyond laughable, will finish this but by god me and the missus just keep ridiculing it now rather than enjoying it.

Yeah, there's no going back for them now, this season is awful and will ruin what was once a great t.v show.

Associate

It's a shame really as it started out really good and now seems like the Monty Python team are finishing it of (actually that would be epic), waiting for the ending Cersei wakes up next to Robert having dreamt it all!
I've seen people asking for the holy grail ending. As its all about to kick off with Danny the police should just come in and break it up. "we're breaking up this sketch it just got too silly"

Soldato
I mean literally they could have that scene if they were running through a courtyard to one door and the hound came in another door and the Mountain wanted to stay to fight. Instead they did it on the staircase, where that dialogue made no sense.

In the Ep5 GoT Revealed video D&D said they did it on the staircase (which was extremely hard for the cast/crew to actually film on) because............... "we wanted it to look cool".............because looking "cool" is more important than good screen-writing.

Like I look at the teeth on the scorpion bolts and I'm pretty sure they face the wrong way.

They should be hard to pull out of the victim if they hit

Again in the Ep4 GoT Revealed video the weapon designer said the new bolts were designed to cut huge holes as they spiral their way through the dragon, they weren't fussed about them "sticking in" hence the teeth facing the way they do.

Don
It’s the pacing that is well off for me as well, having watched the other 7 seasons just before this one this season is like GOT Bennie Hill edition!

Like it’s on x30 speed everything happening on one hand but it feels like nothing is happening if you know what I mean. The impact of it just isn’t the same.

Can't blame that just on this season - Season 7 was just as bad.

First couple of seasons and it took 2-3 whole episodes to get from one place to another. Come season 7 then every 10 minutes Characters have teleported somewhere else.

Not making excuses for Season 8, but the other seasons aren't perfect. Ideally the pacing needed speeding up slightly in earlier seasons and vastly slowing down for Season 6 onwards.

Soldato
100% agree, people just not happy Jon snow didn't turn out to be Luke Skywalker mixed with Aragorn.
You don't need development, but you need consistency. This series has just been a sequence of previously intelligent and well constructed characters making inexplicable decisions.

It's like the show set up a whole series of rules for the logic of the world and has then chucked them all out the window

Soldato
The writing of that episode was absolutely appalling. Literally recent Star Wars standard. How on earth do these writers get into these positions?

If the books ever get completed I will definitely be reading them because this is just a complete slap in the face.

Permabanned
The writing of that episode was absolutely appalling. Literally recent Star Wars standard. How on earth do these writers get into these positions?

If the books ever get completed I will definitely be reading them because this is just a complete slap in the face.

The books will take mostly the same tack though wont they? Probably just stretched out for a few more years instead.

Soldato

I've not read them but I can see that S8 isn't even close to the same standard as 1-6. I was appauled watching Sundays episode, disgraceful.

Man of Honour
The books will take mostly the same tack though wont they? Probably just stretched out for a few more years instead.

Not at all, it will more than likely be a far better thought out finale. You only have to look at series 1-6 when they were following the books and had source material, how good the show was. As soon as they were forced to come up with the story themselves, it dropped off a cliff

Back
Top Bottom