Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
So...
Arya - goes and plays Dora the Explorer and despite the vengence look on her face for 2 episodes she does NOTHING
John - yeah killed the Auntie bit on the side and my whole family just said **** you John, go play back in the cold
Sansa - Got what she wanted with no effort
Bran - For some reason we find out was playing a massive long game plan to be king which costs thousands of lives
Sam - **** John, im now maester.... yo more books to read
Davos - Made sense to be master of ships
Tyrion - so much drama this season for no pay off just to make him the Hand again... cheers for being **** heres your old job back
Bron - Yeah nah threaten to kill my friend and employer but totally cool now I got what i want
Podd - Deserved to be kingsguard
Brianne - Well yeah saw the filling of Jamies page in the kings guard book and i guess well placed for Captain of the kings guard but still a bit meh
Unsullied - Yeah you killed our queen... sod it lets pack up and go home boys.
Grey Work - was so hoping him and John would fight but nah he cool John killed his Queen
Daenerys - Suprised at how easily she got killed by John, it felt like there was no effort to killing her

Not to forget the JRR Tolkien Rip off with the book name/ injoke and Arya leaving ala Bilbo and Frodo at the end Nothing had consequences at all for this season

Soldato
That was a hilarious trainwreck, I am so looking forward to the absolute **** storm online tomorrow :p

Also looking forward to hearing from Martin if that's how he intended to finish the books.

Soldato
You can tell where the shows writers started making this up as they went along. Look at all the twusts and turns in the previous series, the Red Wedding and then we get such a dissapointing last season.

Soldato
I enjoyed Series 7, I enjoyed Series 8 and I enjoyed the finale.

People with far more talent than I have done the best they can and I have enjoyed the end result!

I hate S7/8 of GoT is the new Top Gear is rubbish

Congrats to Bronn on his castle!!!

Soldato
They couldn't even end it on a plot twist that left the viewer surprised or wondering. Everything all wrapped up nice and tidy, all the outcomes pretty predictable, many things essentially full circle, lots of the lesser plot arcs just sort of left to fizzle out. But it wasn't a disaster or without enjoyment, just a bit of a tame way to go out.

In the context of the rest of Season 8, I guess the finale was OK. In the context of the whole long journey since the start, not so much. An underwhelming finish, which, ultimately, future students of film and screenwriting will use as evidence that you should never outpace or outgrow the original source material. I wonder how (indeed if) GRRM will meld this into his own concluding book.

Caporegime
Jon getting down on one knee to Bran while his sisters stand there. The three of them knowing Jon is the rightful heir but they're sending him away. What the actual **** is this show

Back
Top Bottom