Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I have no issues with the ending, the problem I have is with the last stretch of the journey to that end, it's like reading a book but there's a bunch of pages missing near the end and suddenly you're on the last page of the story

Soldato
Well what a ride it's been, but like all good things, they must come to an end. My only complaint really is just the fact season 8 just seemed far too rushed. Would have preferred it either had been 2 seasons, or just the same amount of episodes as the last ones, but all a bit longer.

Anyway, roll on Lord of the rings TV series next.

Soldato
Because the people who elected a new king, had no right to.

They did though, they were on the winning side, they likely all formed part of Dany's war council being the heads of the houses who supported her. Their Queen was dead with no heirs to take over so they were the right people to choose a successor, the only other option was a war of succession (Edumure still might fancy it given the look on his face:D). Grey Worm wanted justice for Dany in the form of some kind of punishment for both Jon and Tyrion but I never considered that the Unsullied really had any stake in the war beyond supporting Dany, and Grey Worm had made it clear that he didn't feel at home in Westeros. On top of that Sansa mentioned that the Westerosi army was outside Kings Landing and the Unsullied were in the position of defending a city with breached walls.

In terms of my opinions of the episode overall? It left me cold to be honest, I felt no emotion for anything other than seeing Jon get what he had wanted since meeting Ygritte. It's an odd one because I don't necessarily have an issue with anything that happened but the last two seasons being so rushed, along with no care being taken to develop Bran in that time means I just couldn't get invested.

On top of that I found it quite jarring when the small council gathered in a pristine hall despite all the damage to the city, sure it could have been sparred but it just seemed out of keeping. A lot of the dialogue felt quite forced, though some of the acting was excellent in spite of this, and what happened to the Dothraki? Can't see them being happy with just packing up their horses and setting sail again without some carnage.

I don't know, I feel like the lack of development and the rushed pace of the last two seasons has damaged the immersion for me to the point where I just didn't care about the way it ended. It's a shame really, hopefully GRRM will get around to completing the books and I can enjoy a finale that actually resonates more, even if it ends up being identical in terms of outcomes.

So what do we do with our lives now GOT has finished?

Amazon's adaptation of The Wheel of Time in 2020? That should keep me busy for another 8 or so years. I'm also a bigger WoT fan than I am a GoT fan so I get to be vehemently self righteous whilst hollering "THAT WASN'T IN THE ******* BOOKS YOU MONSTERS!"

Sgarrista
Commissario
So when is Game of thrones S8-The remake coming out?

Honestly I dont mind the ending, how it all played out, even Bran as king, I can live with it.

However.

Why did they have to ruin it by not expanding the story arcs. Cramming the final season into 6 episodes has really done an injustice to the show, and it really irritates me a show which had some of the more epic moments on TV was reduced to that rushed mess.

Caporegime
Actor who plays Bran flakes has come out and said he takes the petition to remake season 8 personally he said he thinks its a good ending I wonder why he is so mad about it I hope he doesn't play a major role in the finale hands down one of the worst most boring characters in Game Of Thrones.

Well...this is awkward :D

Soldato
Again, I just want to find out if that's how Martin intended to finish the books.

Having slept on it though, the ending is a little LOTR too happy for me. Expected a bittersweet one with a twist at least if not a bad one, but it's gone from nothing is black and white to ending the show in black and white.

Soldato
Managed so so much pure stupid in an episode again.

Greyworm goes to a meeting, situation at start of meeting, conquerors won Kings Landing, the city is destroyed, most of it's people dead, thousands of dead bodies in the street but they have thousands of people inside a city of reinforced walls, etc. So the rest talk, they elect a new leader in Bran........ so the situation is they still own the city, they still have thousands of highly trained people in their army inside the city and if the rest of them want the city they need to fight them. It's frankly silly to believe the northmen are a large army after everything that has gone on.

But regardless, they voted in a new king, with basically no authority to do so (as they didn't currently reside on or control the throne) and they just left?

So if Ghengis Khan rocks up to a city, they say well we're in here and we're not giving up, so the people outside vote and elect Ghengis Khan the new ruler of the city, so the people in the city just say sure, okay, makes sense, and leave? That's essentially what happened.

Even without that, if a kingdom can just say you know what, no thanks, I'm done, then what power does the 'king' have. THe reason there has been a ruler of the 7 kingdoms is because some lord decides they want to rule more land so they go and conquer other kingdoms. They keep power by having an army stronger than any other kingdom, they were conquered. Voting in a king with no army and no power over the other kingdoms is entirely meaningless. Without an army, which he doesn't command, then he's an empty vessel on a throne with no actual power.

Go make the Stormlands pay their tax "well they have an army, and we don't"....

Why would anyone assault King's Landing? Disease and hunger would have taken the city before long. The Unsullied were foreign invaders who put the capital of Westeros to the sword. They had no friends on the continent, following Dany's death. They basically had three choices:
  1. Negotiate safe passage out of Westeros.
  2. Try and fight their way out.
  3. Starve.
They went for option 1.

Man of Honour
Why would anyone assault King's Landing? Disease and hunger would have taken the city before long. The Unsullied were foreign invaders who put the capital of Westeros to the sword. They had no friends on the continent, following Dany's death. They basically had three choices:
  1. Negotiate safe passage out of Westeros.
  2. Try and fight their way out.
  3. Starve.
They went for option 1.

If you think about it, the Unsullied did pretty well for themselves...turned up, did some fighting, massacred loads of unarmed soldiers, women and children and then get to sail off into the sunset. Not a bad days work really :)

Soldato
It's such a shame that one of the best ever shows went this way. This season hasn't been good but it's still been fairly enjoyable, the last episode though was just outright crap.

Back
Top Bottom