wired earphones with cabled mic

i'm going skiing in 1.5 weeks and i'm looking for a pair of wired (hopefully type c as i've no aux port on my pixel 2) earphones that have a mic that can go in the helmet near to my mouth so i can take calls while skiing away.

i've seen some that seem to have a mic further down the cable that is connected to the mobile, however i don't think this will work too well as it looks like the mic would be too far from my mouth hidden under all my layers.

anyone know of something I could try? one thing to note is that as i never wear earphones and it's unlikely to change, i'm hoping to not spend too much as this will be one of the few times i use these.

Associate
there are loads of headphones and mic sets for motorbike helmet use, might find something you could utilise. But cant use just make the most of enjoying some time without your phone on-a bit of piece and quiet.

Soldato
Working from home slopes?

Does it have to be wired to the phone?

I've got some Anker Soundbuds Slim and the mic could easily be positioned under a helmet strap near to mouth. I'm not sure how well it would cope with the wind noise though unless you're wearing a full face helmet with visor.

Soldato
OP
Thanks. How do you think the anker would feel when a helmet is pushed on them?

I usually wear a neck/mouth guard so imagine wind noise won't be too much an issue.

if I'm going 50mph I'm unlikely to answer at that point but instead when I get break I can quickly call in and sort the issue rather than have it wait for me when I get back later.

Soldato
That was my only concern with them, which I neglected to mention in the post - thought of it and forgot. I wish I had a good answer but unfortunately without experience it's hard to tell. They do stick out a little so it really depends how close to the ears the helmet sits and now much give the padding in those areas has. The other thing you could find difficult is pressing the buttons with ski gloves on. Something from the motorcycle world may well be best here.

Back
Top Bottom