Wired or wireless Gamepad

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I looked around for ages but played it safe and got a wired xbox controller....has a 3m cable so its pretty long

no need for batteries and feels familiar for any console player

Associate
The Steam Controller is a love hate affair, and depending upon the games you play it might suit you. It's especially good in Steam Big Picture mode and with games that already have viable presets configured. Other than that the Xbox 360 Wired and Wireless pads are always very well regarded in that sort of price range. Personally I prefer the Dual Shock set up and use a DS3 but I hear the DS4 is also a good choice.

Xbox 360 wired is literally plug and play though so for simple and cheap, yet actually not junk, that's your best bet.

Associate
The Xbox one pad is great, can run wired or wireless depending on your needs.

however the elite pad is pure awesome, expensive but totally worth it, can also run wired or wireless

Soldato
however the elite pad is pure awesome, expensive but totally worth it, can also run wired or wireless

Agreed. Awesome, and expensive. And I'd buy it again (been using one for nearly 2 years) after thinking I'd never spend so much on a gamepad. Being able to switch between two profiles is great. I use the default not so aggressive profile for driving, flying etc, and a second more aggressive custom profile for combat. But even without that feature, it just feels great. The four paddles not so handy as they can't be Macro'd, they can only be set to replicate any of the four buttons (A, B, X, Y), however they do allow me to continue aiming with my right thumb/right stick while rolling, or ducking in some vehicles while aiming.

For the budget being talked about, I'd try get the Xbox One controller + cable for Windows. It sorted out a couple of issues with the Xbox 360 controller, like clicking left on the D-Pad registering as a down-click instead*. And can be found for under £50.

* This was getting on my nerves in GTA. Throwing a sticky and clicking left on D-Pad to detonate would bring up my phone instead half the time.

Last edited:
Associate
For sure. I only use two of the paddles and mapped them to the analogue stick press actions. Much easier to press. And great customisation.

Back
Top Bottom