Wireless charging - continuously on & off at 100%

Soldato
I place my phone on a wireless charger and it lights up blue and my phone indicates that it is charging. At some point the phone reaches 100% charged, the phones LED changes from red to green and the lights on the wireless charger flicker on and then off to indicate full charge.
However, a few moments later the LED on the phone switches back to red, the lights on the wireless charger come on and the charging process begins again..only for a few moments later the wireless charger once again indicates fully charged.

This continues which I cannot help feeling is not a good thing - it's also damn annoying at night as the flickering of the charger LED causes me to take the phone off charge and of course the following morning I don't have a fully charged phone.

Is this a fault of the charger (couple of years old, maybe never designed for use with newer phones) or an issue with the phone or an issue with a phone setting or as designed?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
The phone prevents the charger to overcharge the battery.

Depending how much you use your phone and got a charging outlet locations etc I would never charge a phone to 100%.
After using quick charge tech I've never felt the need to 100% overnight a phone anymore.