Wireless keyboard and mouse for casual single player gaming?

Associate
Will i notice any lag?

Research is tricky, as as soon as gaming is mentioned, the assumption is immediately made that i must have a mechanical keyboard for my twitchy multiplayer shooters.

Im going to be gaming on my sofa in front of the tv. My wireless dell keyboard doesnt work, so i need to replace it. I could run a usb extension etc, but wireless would be much neater.

Also i have read that usb3 ports interfere with wireless... is that actually a thing? I dont have any usb 2 ports...

Thanks

Associate
I generally go with a wireless mouse for gaming, and a wired keyboard, as it moves around less.

Logitech make some pretty nice wireless gaming peripherals.

Associate
OP
Wireless mechanical keyboards exist, but it's a pretty small niche - the ones I've seen have used non-cherry switches.
Yeah ive seen a few. I dont need a mechanical keyboard though... im certainly not paying that much for a keyboard for the little amount of single player gaming that i do.

Im thinking more along the lines of the £25 - £35 wireless sets, for example the logitech km270.

Has anyone done some light gaming with something like that and noticed any lag?

Permabanned
I've done some light gaming on a Logitech K800 Illuminated and not noticed any lag. The receiver worked fine in my USB3.0 ports.

Back
Top Bottom