Wireless mice, worth the hype or extra faff?

Soldato
Not too many to choose from that are both wireless and have extra thumb buttons. Corsair have a couple of models - the M65 and the Ironclaw - but I've no experience with Corsair mice, so no idea if they're worth recommending or not!

Soldato
Well my g703 developed a clicking fault which seems to be common place so picked up an xtrfy m4. I'm mightly impressed so far and no bloatware is an added bonus.

Associate
I'm looking to cut the cords on my desk where possible. For people that have gone wireless:

1. have you noticed any latency or connection issues at all?
2. battery, is it a pain to keep charged?
3. which mouse did you go with and are you happy with it?

I'm basically after a mouse with about 4 thumb buttons (min 3) and don't really care about the rest of the bells and whistles. I like a palm grip.

Thanks for the feedback!

I switched to wireless a few years ago now, don't think I could go back to wired as when I used to use it plugged in (battery charging) I could really notice the cable drag. so much so id stop playing and wait for it to recharge.

Up until back end of last year I was using a corsair Harpoon which was okay in terms of comfort and the battery life, it used to last about a month of daily use before it would need charging.
Since the new year I moved to a Logitech Shroud, far move comfortable and my aim has improved. Best of all is the battery life! I still haven't charged it and its been nearly 4 months!
With either mouse, I noticed no connection or latency issues.

Soldato
OP
Thank gents, I'm now thoroughly convinced wireless is the way to go and now just need to find the right mouse. I was dead set on the 502 lightspeed, but for hands on with one and couldn't get on with the thumb button positions. I'm now considering a spatha, but I'm thinking I need to see if I can find somewhere to try one out.

Man of Honour
Thank gents, I'm now thoroughly convinced wireless is the way to go and now just need to find the right mouse. I was dead set on the 502 lightspeed, but for hands on with one and couldn't get on with the thumb button positions. I'm now considering a spatha, but I'm thinking I need to see if I can find somewhere to try one out.
logitech g pro wireless (or superlight), or razer viper ultimate

Associate
Glorious Model O Wireless here. Best mouse I've ever owned. Doubt I'd go back to wired (although to be honest the USB cable for charging on the Model O is excellent so not too much of a hardship if the battery is low!)

Soldato

Years ago but I bought a couple of mice from Mr Bezos’s online store and a couple went back after testing them out for a full refund no issues.

I imagine it’s the same as it was back then.

Soldato
Use Corsair Dark Core wireless mouse. Partly as I have the lapboard also, but no issues with it. Works very well and good in my hand which is palm grip. Does have some weight to it, which I like, others may not though.

No issues in terms of charging or latency. It does with the sensor mode need decent line of sight however. If the sensor is entirely hidden and / or some distance can get finicky however. Does also have bluetooth mode though that does incur some penalty.

Soldato
Model D Wireless user here. I love it being wireless. Just make sure you get the right mouse for your hand size and grip and you’re good.

My only real gripe with my mouse is that to keep the weight down, they seem to have swapped the battery for what can only be described as a small capacitor. As such, I find myself charging it every two days.

Man of Honour
I like wired but if the cable isn't braided I fear the inevitable cable being broken inside

Aside from Logitech I've never had that issue - most mice the point of failure was one of the buttons becoming unreliable after a few years of gaming.

Associate
Currently using a Logitech G305 with a lithium ion AAA battery.
I have considered purchasing a 3D printed case for it to make it under 70 grams.

As I have 2 rechargeable batteries, there isn't much faffing around when changing batteries.

Think the only time I'd go back to wired is probably for LAN.

Associate
I'm looking to cut the cords on my desk where possible. For people that have gone wireless:

1. have you noticed any latency or connection issues at all?
2. battery, is it a pain to keep charged?
3. which mouse did you go with and are you happy with it?

I'm basically after a mouse with about 4 thumb buttons (min 3) and don't really care about the rest of the bells and whistles. I like a palm grip.

Thanks for the feedback!
Avoid Bluetooth like the plague!

Logitech G Pro is one of the best purchases I've made, love it too bits. Will never go back to wired.

Soldato
For over 10 years have used some Logitech MX610 left handed mouse, I would get a modern mouse but Logitech stopped making left handed mice.

With Uniross Hybrio AA rechargeable batteries charged on independent intelligent charger, batteries last at least 25 days. I have another pair of batteries pre-charged to swap over when the mouse flashes red.

Back
Top Bottom